Director Business Operations Health
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors, and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver on our commitment to be the best way to pay and be paid. To deliver on this critical mission, we must continually assess and improve our performance both internally and how we support our clients.
To successfully “deliver simple, fast and always available world class service experiences”, we must be aware and rapidly respond to situations impacting our business objectives and key performance indicators. Reporting to the VP Client Services Business Transformation and Operations Health, this role is responsible for partnering with the client services leadership team to establish key performance indicators, measuring, and reporting on performance, and providing proactive insights to ensure we continue to deliver against our agreed targets.
The role requires experience in tools and best practices, leveraging data analytics and insights to identify areas of opportunity, and using the insights gained to enhance business processes’, reduce risk, and deliver better service experience.
- Lead a team to Identify real-time situations effecting our business goals and/or service experience
- Leverage data and insights to proactively recognize and identify trends whilst collaborating with the Client Services leaders to continually maintain and enhance the service experience
- Partner with the Operational Excellence function, leveraging data and insights to prioritize areas of underperformance, to ensure continual improvement through re-engineering processes to meet KPIs
- Lead cross-functional teams to determine KPIs and areas of opportunity to improve the service experience and/or, operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drive metric-based decision-making ensuring monitoring, reporting, performance analysis and cost benefit are key factors
- Translate the ‘voice of the client’ into strategic initiatives, partnering with global senior stakeholders to deliver on an improvement pipeline
- Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to develop and maintain trusted partnerships including the ability to work with teams and individuals of many technical skill levels
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in a data and analytics function, providing insights to drive business decisions, preferably in a client facing function
- Experience in leading/matrix management of dynamic and multi-cultural teams, with shifting priorities in delivering commitments
- Preferably certified in Six Sigma (Green or Black belt)
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Break-down ambiguous or complex initiatives into a more understandable and manageable size to drive KPI adoption and improved service experience
- Proven experience in driving successful business outcomes, even when faced with ambiguous circumstances
- Continually demonstrate accountability, whilst demonstrating a passion for our business and advocating how data driven insights and decision contribute to a high-quality service experience
- Lead and inspire success, remove barriers, and value inclusivity and diverse thinking
- Be a strong partner, developing trusted relationships with our leadership team and employees
- Break down silos to work collaboratively, globally, and cross functionally, whilst delivering as one team at Visa with service experience at the heart of everything we do
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 139,800.00 to 181,800.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.