Finance Director, Global VAS Finance
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa is looking for a strategic finance leader to join our Global VAS Finance team. The role will partner on the financial management, planning and analysis for the Risk & Identity Solutions portfolio. This Director will collaborate with leadership to develop financial strategies and analytics to enable business decision making. In addition this Director leads the long-term planning, forecasting, budgeting and financial analytics, focused on Risk & Identity Solutions Network Solutions portfolio. This role also supports strategic decision making on investments and portfolio level tradeoffs through effective financial analytics. The position involves deriving important insights and effectively communicating with senior finance leaders and executive management. The ideal candidate will have a deep expertise with a commercial product business in deal management, financial business analysis, preferably with a public company, and demonstrated experience collaborating with various functions.
Strategic Advice and Partnership
- Partner with business leads to evaluate the financial impact of potential investments and develop long term financial plans
- Develop and present strategic insights about the business
- Align functional goals and strategies to broader global initiatives
- Lead performance diagnostics, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting
- Become a valued business partner to all business units and executive management
- Lead preparation of the annual business plan and analysis
- Interpret and present key findings for senior leadership audience
- Understand business levers and recommend measures to further improve results
- Establish efficient processes for monthly and quarterly performance reporting for optimal result
- Spearhead ad-hoc projects to further improve the overall performance of the team and organization
- Decision support to senior finance leadership on investment / project decisions as well as strategic organizational and functional developments
- Provide thought leadership and guidance over core processes building efficiencies and streamlining deliverables
- Integration of finance into the business - attend team meetings, build understanding of the business
- Tailored, effective presentations, analysis and dialogue with each business partner
- Dialogue around budget and spend to optimize budget and investments - return-on-investment discipline
- Robust toolkit to help manage the business and enable management decision making
- Mentor and/or manage high performing finance resources by helping to create a center of excellence and instilling best practices across finance
- Influence, motivate and collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proactive, strategic thinker
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Commercial focus and ability to structure complex financial analytics
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to communicate effectively with executive management
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Ability to work effectively with other functional areas and understand the operational and cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Client focused with tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts
- High energy and enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
- Able to work in a dual reporting matrix environment
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
This role can be based in Foster City, CA or in Atlanta, GA.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering or relevant technical field
- MBA strongly preferred
- Prior experience in the Payment industry a plus
- Investment banking and/or management consulting strongly preferred
- At least 10 years of professional experience or equivalent with 5-7 years of relevant experience in a well-disciplined organization where best practices are integral to the management of the business
- Experience in Financial Planning & Analysis with an understanding of deal structuring and evaluation
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 138,500.00 to 180,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.