Staff Software Engineer - TPF
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The successful candidate will be working on the VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) system. The VIP system applies business logic and routes digital currency between transaction acquirers and issuers globally. The candidate should be a motivated self-starter requiring limited direction.
- Maintain and enhance the Visa Integrated Payment (VIP) system
- Provide support and problem resolution for the VIP system
- Ensure that the standard software development life cycle is followed
- Develop technical specifications from high level business requirements
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Initiative to ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality products that meets technical requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Assist application developers in developing efficient zTPF based applications
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline is required
- 8+ years in software development
- 5+ years development on a Transaction Processing Facility (TPF) Operating System preferred
- Familiarity with VPARS, TPF toolkit and debugger, and testing TPF in a VM environment
- Familiarity with IBM Assembler is desirable
- Experience in developing payment systems is desirable
- Excellent C/C++ and OO design and coding skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, at team level and above
- Proven experience in all application development activities to successfully implement solutions in a highly complex environment
- Proven ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily maintainable code
- Ability to work well with a team in a high-performance organization
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and maintain focus
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 111,200 to 144,500 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.