Assoc Network Analyst
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
If you think you could support Visa as an Associate/Specialist we want to hear from you – together, lets make Visa a great place to work.
What s it all about?
As a member of Global Network Operations Centre (GNOC) team, the Associate/Specialist is the in-shift detection, notification and escalation point for network issues. They have the primary responsibility for managing and responding to Network, Hardware and external client and circuit events which may result in impaired connectivity to our clients and internal business. The position requires an in-depth understanding of how logical and physical connectivity issues can affect transaction quality.
What we expect of you, day to day.
The preferred candidate will possess all of the following competencies:
- Understanding of customer topology and potential work-around scenarios to mitigate client impact.
- Modify and create work instructions or Recipes to prepare for similar impacting events and allow for a quicker response. Constantly review work instructions for accuracy and solicit improvements through second level support groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the incident management process to ensure that all communications are timely and accurate, as per documented process.
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each issue through resolution or turnover in order to maintain established service levels.
- Track update and resolve all assigned incidents, changes and problem reports in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets a standard of high quality.
- Properly escalate incidents in a timely manner per support guidelines and procedures.
- Proactively monitor, recognise, analyse, isolate and/or resolve documented hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Liaise with L2 support groups and/or development groups to collaborate on the resolution of incidents.
- Support project schedules and changes.
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training.
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups, and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
- Should have a strong understanding of transaction message flow and the different types of exceptions that can be encountered resulting in cardholder impact
- Incident bridge stewardship in support of timely resolution of internal issues
This is an on-site position. An on-site position must be consistently performed at an assigned Visa office location and require daily commute to the office location.
• Basic load balancer knowledge
• Knowledge of Solarwinds, NetCool or similar fault monitoring toolsets
• Knowledge of ServiceNow or other incident and change management tools
• Previous experience as an Operations Support Analyst, or equivalent Network experience.
• Ability to work 12hr rotating shifts
• Excellent verbal/written communication, organisational skills, ability to prioritise a constantly changing work load. Interpersonal skills and ability to excel as part of a team.
• Uses sound judgement in determining priorities and enlisting support of other internal groups to prevent any compromise to Visa business or client service level agreements. Proper escalation to support groups based on criticality and exposure.
• MS Office suite proficiency
• Preferred: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• Preferred: ITIL certification
• Preferred: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or studying in progress towards a CCNA or equivalent qualification
• Desirable: Any experience of network automation especially toolsets such as Python or Ansible