Sr. Software Engineer - Full Stack (Onsite/Hybrid)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Develop programs for enhancing Visa's critical Clearing and Settlement systems.
Collaborate with business units and technical staff to design appropriate solutions.
Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions.
Create design documents, code, unit/functional test, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
Build and maintain effective relationships across disciplines in order to provide superior product support.
Support and deliver on resulting initiatives from the Business Plan and Technology strategy demonstrating re-use, eliminating duplicative components, architectural design, and use of innovative products.
Work to ensure technology decisions are business driven.
Suggest and cultivate ideas on the extension of the current systems to new products and services.
Must be able to understand the positioning of a solution within the company and to build consensus to effectively gain buy-in from all participants.
Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
Provide rotational on-call support as scheduled.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
PLEASE NOTE: RELOCATION AND/OR SPONSORSHIP IS NOT SUPPORTED FOR THIS ROLE.
• 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
• 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Experience Angular, NodeJS, Spring, MySQL and Linux is required.
• Experience in applying modern Agile Software Development practices.
• Experience in development in a CI/CD environment and familiarity with CI/CD tools is required.
• Experience in MicroServices development, Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers is preferred.
• Good interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Adaptability is a must, including the ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly.
• Must be able to write technical design and build documentation for all aspects of a technical infrastructure.
• Experience with designing and developing solutions for highly scalable, highly available complex systems, preferably in the payment systems or other financial services industry.
• Strong problem determination skills and ability to resolve critical issues for complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps and other tools.
• Ability to multi task and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the big picture enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
• Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 94,700 to 120,700 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
PLEASE NOTE: NO RELOCATION, NO SPONSORSHIP SUPPORTED FOR THIS ROLE
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.