Senior Data Science Manager - Visa, Consulting & Analytics
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
What's it all about?
As Senior Data Science Manager, you are leading our growing Data Science function in the advisory service Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) and are part of Visa’s global Data Science community. You are accountable for driving the blueprint, development and delivery of data driven strategies and solutions for Visa’s external clients in the Nordics and Baltics. In this role, you collaborate with management consultants, account executives, business development and other internal functions to support our clients’ with their most pressing issues and biggest opportunities. Your innovative and scalable solutions help drive our clients’ and Visa’s business performance as well as enhance payment experiences of millions of customers across the region.
What we expect day to day:
Are you an adept problem solver who applies both innovation and logic to solve complex problems? Would you like to leverage one of the largest payment behavioral data sets in the world to uplift everyone, everywhere? If so, this is what we are looking for you to do with us:
- Leading and growing the Data Science team and function within VCA in the Nordics & Baltics
- Designing and delivering powerful business-centric insights from data through storyboarding, analytics, visualization and ML – both hands-on yourself as well as by supervising team members
- Collaborating with VCA consultants and key clients to understand their challenges and realize their opportunities on topics like customer lifecycle management, travel, SMEs, open banking, cryptocurrencies, sustainability and more
- Demonstrating execution proficiency in handling multiple medium to large data science projects along with rest of the partners in the project team within timelines and budget requirements; working at a fast pace, being self-directed, and able to lead multiple concurrent challenges, issues and priorities
- Showcasing individual & organizational leadership: developing solutions to meet the varying payment needs of everyone, everywhere; being mission driven and passionate about having a lasting impact by inspiring change in the payments industry
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
What we’re after…
We are after someone with qualitative and quantitative skills, with ability to interpret data and translate to practical recommendations and bring the following skills:
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and agile working style
- Experience with Hadoop, SQL or Spark as well as Python or R
- Experience in the application of descriptive analytics, predictive modelling and machine learning technique to business problems
- Experience planning, organizing, and leading end to end projects with diverse cross-functional teams
- Experience building and cultivating teams
- Ability to tailor data-driven results and communicate with impact to various audience levels, incl. senior business leaders.
What we'd love...
- Experience working in payments industry (bank, credit reference agencies, Fintech, merchants) or management-consulting firm
- Experience of having worked in a consulting-like environment and client-facing project roles
- Full working proficiency in English and a Scandinavian language