Sr. Technical Program Manager
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
- Providing Program Management leadership to software engineering teams with emphasis on managing a lightweight and flexible front door to support release/sprint planning, and change management
- Supporting Regional stakeholders to define and groom feature backlogs and help develop regional delivery roadmaps
- Coordinating cross-functional teams and managing interdependencies across multiple products, projects, and stakeholder groups
- Ensuring all projects and programs track financials, comply with Program and Project methodologies, and provide accurate/timely reporting and issue escalation.
- Assessing requirements, defining scope, creating estimates, and producing Program charters and other documentation needed for funding approvals
- Building high performing project teams, inspiring team members, and demonstrating leadership skills
- Setting clear expectations with business partners to provide transparency into project initiation activities, and manage day-to-day interaction during project execution and delivery
- Performing project planning and scheduling, managing tasks and coordinating project resources to meet objectives and timelines
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate project risks and find ways to accomplish project goals in the context of dynamic business/technical environments
- Providing high quality customer service and communicating project status (timelines, progress, and challenges) to technology and business stakeholders regularly
- Achieving project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders, including enterprise architects and strategists, technical subject matter experts, business partners, Visa senior management, technology vendors, and financial institutions and strategic partners, as needed
- Distilling complex business and technology requirements for technology and business stakeholders and tailoring communications to the audience
- Managing project budgets effectively by ensuring forecasts and actual charges are in line with approved budgets and project costs are effectively controlled
- Anticipating change and identifying ways to overcome challenges and constraints to keep project activities on schedule to meet or exceed business partner expectations
- Taking initiative to exhaust all avenues to resolve issues/problems before involving management escalation
- Working with minimal direction, able to resolve most issues independently
- Executing through ambiguity and guide a path to clarity
- Keeping project status updated in project management tools and maintaining meticulous records (e.g., project financials, schedule, issues, risks, change control decisions)
- Leading boldly and utilizing hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 13+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelors degree, OR 11+ years of relevant work experience
• Highly experienced in developing, operating and tailoring Waterfall and Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
• Agile planning and execution: Drive sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies
• Technical acumen to capture, communicate and drive issues/blockers/risks to resolution
• Certifications (at least one Preferred): PMP, CSM
• Ability to manage project teams in a matrixed geographically disperse environment
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions across multiple organizational levels
• Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
• Independent judgment and mature decision-making skills to deal with technology projects that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant cost and time-to-market impacts
• Proficiency in Jira Agile work management tools
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint)
• Financial services and card payments experience are a plus