Software Engineer, Sr Consultant Level – Product Development
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Lead VAS PD Engineering and Operations Technology charter to improve Developer Efficiency and Productivity of the group.
Work independently, driving projects end to end and provide guidance to junior engineers
Write software code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices that will meet development and support requirements
Evaluate cutting edge technologies, drive towards adoption, create proof-of-concept and frameworks
Participate in all stages of development from design through implementation
Understand current posture of product ecosystem and specifics for VAS PD's solutions
Serve as subject matter expert for the major components and application domains.
Work on building automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment and test automation frameworks with tools such as Git/Stash and Jenkins
Design and develop the utilities and automation tools using java, j2ee, spring, rest, python, groovy, maven, sql, git, android and ios SDKs.
Manage configurations, builds, branching and deployment issues related to delivered code.
Ensure, through automation, that code quality tools are run on all software prior to release.
Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing large components for enterprise projects
Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews
Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
Implement and enforce best practices for code promotion across the various environments.
Strong SDLC background in Agile/Iterative practices
Create documentation and procedures for development, deployment and maintenance
Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfer and mentorship to engineering peers as required and lead technical staff responsibilities.
Triage and provide technical solutions to environment and build/deploy related issues
Review implementation plans and participate and even be able to manage product installations.
Validate successful introduction of newly deployed products and feature sets to the market.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
• Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with equivalent experience, in software engineering, computer science, or computer & information system and 10 or 8 years respectively of industry experience
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to author and present materials ranging from detailed technical specifications to high-level presentations
• Demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing large components for enterprise projects
• Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT/Stash, Liquibase, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, JUnit, and PowerMock.
• Proven experience in developing and/or architecting complex web/mobile applications with backend services expertise such as API Gateway, Identity and Access Management Services
• Strong scripting skills in Python, UNIX shell scripting and Perl.
• Solid background in systems engineering and operations would be an advantage
• Possesses a solid understanding of modern web application architecture, Apache, Tomcat, TCP/IP, HTTP and n-tier architecture.
• Hands on experience with administering Linux systems
• Knowledge of monitoring, logging and management tools
• Willingness to learn and build new tools from scratch
• Excellent process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational and problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
• Strong work ethic to focus on our goals.
• Proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirements and independently, architect, design and build the solution.
• Have the passion to work with people and help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
• Knowledge in payment services and systems is a plus
This role does not provide relocation assistance.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 128,100.00 to 166,500.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.