Sr. Staff SW Engineer
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
CyberSource – The World's First eCommerce Payment Management Company
CyberSource (A Visa Inc. Company) is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of CyberSource’s continued growth and expansion we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
CyberSource has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for e-commerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems. The Belfast centre has full life cycle responsibility for the delivery of products that are integral to the continued growth and success of CyberSource worldwide.
CyberSource is a wholly owned subsidiary of Visa Inc.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer - Director within CyberSource Visa you will provide technical leadership for one of CyberSource’s product offerings. The scope of this role extends beyond core enterprise development and you will be the owner of the new feature design, build and implementation of complex systems that process millions of transactions per day. You will think globally and ensure we continue to build high performance, scalable systems that are built the right way.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer with CyberSource you will:
Partner with Architecture and Business teams to provide best in class solutions.
Be at the forefront of translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
Have significant influence on our strategy by helping define and build the next wave of product features and system architecture.
Champion Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process.
Utilise your sharp design and coding skills to create applications at a massive scale which are used by millions of people across the globe.
Take a hands-on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
Be motivated by building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity.
Be the ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement across the site.
Be an evangelist for Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
Work in tandem with global technology leadership and Payments teams to shape and influence the platform at an enterprise level.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
10+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 7 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 4 years of work experience with a PhD, OR 13+ years of relevant work experience.
• Be equally passionate about technology and solving large-scale complex business problems.
• Have a demonstrable ability to think big to produce innovative and simple solutions to complex problems but go low when needed.
• Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results.
• Have expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle.
• Have experience in building scalable, reliable and high performance systems.
• Expertise in at least one programming language such as Java or similar with a desire to continuously evolve your current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology.
• Be comfortable challenging the norm and always on the lookout for new technologies and working with fellow technologists to implement these into the work stream.
• Be equally content prototyping and tinkering with new applications as well operating within the rigour of making solutions production-ready.
• Be a passionate advocate for nurturing talent within CyberSource through technical coaching and mentoring.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile and collaborative team environment.
• Have a BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science or other related field with demonstrable software engineering experience.