Lead Systems Architect
- ADMIN USE ONLY: NSBE
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Acceptance Solutions Architect organization is responsible for design, implementation and support of merchant payment management solutions including payment acceptance and commerce management, risk management and marketing tools. This role will be part of the architecture group and will drive the evolution of the software products to meet key business objectives for the Authorize.Net (www.authorize.net) and CyberSource (www.cybersource.com) platforms. This role will work closely and partner with product development, product management, customer support and other VISA teams.
Develop and maintain long-term target state architecture and roadmap, ensure alignment with the business objectives, corporate strategies and standards.
Build expertise in developing highly available, reliable, and scalable solutions.
Ensure security, reliability, performance and cost effectiveness of the MAP platform.
Collaborate with the product management, other VISA IT groups and vendors to develop solutions for complex, global business requirements.
Establish architectural and technical standards and processes, ensure adherence to them through governance.
Evaluate and identify appropriate technology solutions to meet business and technology challenges, guide product development teams through their implementation.
Work on design and implementation of modern technology stack like Docker, Kubernetes , NoSQL and others.
Keep abreast of evolving technologies and anticipate technological evolutions that could be leveraged to enhance current architectures.
Champion technology innovation.
This is an on-site position. An on-site position must be consistently performed at an assigned Visa office location and require daily commute to the office location.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience in architecture and design of distributed, highly scalable, highly available systems
- 10+ years of technical leadership in all phases of software development life cycle
- Experience in Java software development, web applications and services, technology standards and frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of architecture methodologies and modeling
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to present complex ideas to multiple levels
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong facilitation and analytic skills with an open mind
- Experience with electronic payment and financial services
- Prior Enterprise Solution Architecture experience is a plus
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 132100 to 171700 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.