Senior Software Engineer - Back-End Developer
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
We are looking for a talented Engineer in the Apple Pay and Next Generation Services team as part of the Visa Token Services Organization. The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of enterprise software for the tokenization platform.
The candidate should be able to coordinate and manage input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the design and execution of large-scale enterprise technology initiatives.
The role is a self-organized Senior Software Engineer with solid JAVA, J2EE, E-COMMERCE and web service development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. This requires strong technology skills, problem solving abilities, coding, testing, and debugging skills just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA and will report to the Director of Product Development.
- Engage in technical design of solution that is based on use cases and business requirements
- Complete proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs, and solutions
- Contribute to the creation of detail design and use case documents
- Effectively interact with internal teams to develop solutions to complex technical issues on highly visible business opportunities
- Analyze current solution architecture & design and propose solutions that increase business value, optimize performance and enhance quality
- Adhere and contribute to best practices, guidelines, standards and procedures guidelines
- Communicate and present complex technical concepts for peer
- Mentoring other developers
- Ensures inclusion of Visa’s business vision, current business environment (internally and externally) and technology and industry trends to enable results that drive Visa’s business
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience and a Bachelors degree or 5 ore more years of relevant work experience
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience with Core Java, JEE technologies, REST, and container-based technologies.
- Experience with back-end technologies such as JDBC, JMS, Spring/Spring-Boot, Hibernate, JMX
- Experience with SQL and relational database usage with commercial-grade databases.
- You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
- Experience and working knowledge of GIT is a plus
- Working knowledge / experience with test automation tools is a plus
- Experience with the payment industry and technologies is a plus
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 94,700.00 to 120,700.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.