Director, People Technology Product Development
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Our People Technology team is looking for a Director of Talent Acquisition solution delivery, reporting to the Sr. Director of Talent Delivery in Austin.
You will be in a leadership role driving all aspects of delivering best-of-breed Talent Acquisition solutions (Talent sourcing, Candidate Relations, Recruiting, Hiring, pre-boarding, and onboarding). You will use your technical acumen and work closely with the business stakeholders to understand their vision and deliver solutions with amazing end-user experiences. This role will work closely with the global and regional TA teams to manage and support implementation of technology projects that include their needs and accessibility requirements.
The ideal candidate will have people management experience, a deep knowledge of the Talent Acquisition Technology landscape as well as a strong technology background to deliver enterprise grade solutions. You will build and lead a technical team to design, configure, develop, integrate, test, and deploy wholistic solutions for Visa employees.
- Bring a point-of-view and thought leadership in the areas of talent acquisition and recruiting platforms. Actively contributes unique ideas and expertise, in addition to gaining input and collaboration from key partners.
- Define and communicate our enterprise talent acquisition technology strategy and architecture, ensuring alignment to our enterprise strategy.
- Hire and build a technical team with diverse background and give them opportunities to independently grow and flourish.
- Lead and mentor your teams to deliver enterprise-grade Talent Acquisition solutions with emphasis in the following areas: Security, Resiliency, Privacy, Scalability, Maintainability, and performance. Work in partnership with Architects, Product Managers and Business Stakeholders
- Know the art-of-the-possible by maintaining knowledge of the company's candidate-facing and talent acquisition systems and tools, including interdependencies, to ensure optimization of features/benefits
- Your success is measured by actual customers using your products and time-to-value. Be nimble in responding to new issues, identify and overcome risks, remove blockers, and continuously deliver new features that solve real-world business problems. Strive to exceed your stakeholder’s expectations.
- Have data at your fingertips. Be the de facto SME for the Talent Acquisition domain and quickly respond to stakeholder queries for status, capabilities, and art of the possible.
- Drive Visa Technology and Corporate IT initiatives with 100% compliance.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders, understand their product/project KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), manage their expectations, and earn their trust.
- Be a strong influencer who values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, enjoys mentoring, and can explain complex topics in simple terms
- Cultivate the culture of innovation within the organization by driving cross-collaboration
- Manage third party vendors to ensure business / tech standards are met.
- Sustain existing solutions and promote ideas that mature existing solutions.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on technical experience in product development/implementation with a degree in computer science, engineering, or similar.
- Minimum 3 years of people management and leadership experience.
- Strong technical acumen in the Talent Acquisition domain.
- Proven track record in delivering outcomes with high ownership, drive, and conviction.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with impeccable customer service skills, positive attitude, and display professionally mature behavior in challenging situations, ability to communicate effectively and work with confidential and sensitive information at all levels of a large, complex organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation, and project management skills related to prioritizing and executing timely deliverables within timeline, scope, and budget.
- Hands-on experience in configuring and working with relevant third-party vendor systems like Workday, SmartRecruiters, Fieldglass, Avature, Adaptive Insights etc.
- Experience with using Agile methodology to incrementally deliver value.
- Prior experience in delivering & supporting enterprise level Talent Acquisition solutions.
- Drive consensus among business leaders to enable transformation, and advance strategic priorities while building rapport and fostering a collaborative working environment.
- Demonstrated examples of impacting individuals and teams via career growth and exposure.
- Experience with highly available, highly secure, highly resilient cloud-based enterprise solutions.
- Experience with multi-user cloud-based enterprise solutions that deal with SaaS vendor integrations.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 152,300.00 to 198,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.