Software Engineer (Senior Consultant Level) - TPF
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The successful candidate will be working on the Visa Payment Authorization Applications Development team which is part of the Payment Products Development organization. This team is responsible for the ownership and development of the VIP system application. The VIP application applies business logic and routes digital currency between transaction acquirers and issuers globally. The candidate should be a motivated self-starter requiring limited direction.
- Maintain and enhance the Visa Payment authorization system
- Provide support and problem resolution for the authorization system
- Ensure that the standard software development life cycle is followed
- Develop technical specifications from high level business requirements
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Initiative to ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality product that meets technical requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Active and effective contributor during brain-storming discussion on solutioning and architecture challenges
- Ability to execute innovative initiatives and assist in/carry out Proof of Concepts, that are part of Visa Authorization application’s long-term strategy and architecture
- Assist application developers in developing efficient zTPF based applications
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent C/C++ and OO design and coding skills
- 2+ years of experience in zTPF applications programming
- Familiarity with VPARS, TPF toolkit and debugger, and testing TPF in a VM environment
- Experience in developing payment systems
- Understanding the roles of peripheral applications/platforms to a switching application and their inter-dependencies
- Experience with Contactless Payment System, specifically around the area of Cryptography, Security, and Tokenization
- Familiarity with IBM Assembler
- Proven ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily maintainable code
- Proven experience in all application development activities to successfully implement solutions in a highly complex environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and maintain focus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, at team level and above
- Ability to work well with a team in a high-performance organization
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 121,000.00 to 157,300.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.