Sr. Software Engineer
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The successful candidate will be working on the Unified Checkout Development team. This role will be an ideal fit for a developer and self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills and expertise in Java. The candidate should be a motivated self-starter and quick learner.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• Utilise your sharp analytical skills to create applications at a massive scale which are used by millions of people across the globe.
• Accelerate your knowledge of architecture, advanced engineering principles and design patterns.
• Be an adept problem solver who applies both innovation and logic to tackle complex problems.
• Be a designer as well as a fast, efficient coder who is capable of making coding and design decision with multiple simultaneous factors in mind.
• Be motivated by building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity.
• Exert your passion and forward thinking to influence the technical direction of our products and services.
• Embrace our desire for building highly scalable, highly reliable and highly secure applications the right way.
• Be an ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement.
• Be an evangelist for Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
Our Ideal Candidate Will
• Possess strong computer science credentials as well as a track record of building quality services.
• Be equally passionate about technology and solving large-scale complex business problems.
• Be a continuous learner who is pro-active in their drive to improve their technical skill and knowledge.
• Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar.
• Have expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle.
• Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile and collaborative team environment.