Interchange Strategy Manager (LAC)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Manager will be a member of Visa's Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) Interchange and Pricing Strategy Team, which is responsible for development of pricing and interchange strategies for Visa’s business in the LAC region. The position will report to the Sr. Director of LAC Interchange and will be based in Miami, with some travel expected.
Manage cross-functional initiatives in support of the economic model underlying Visa’s products, services and global payments processing network.
Support the development of overall country strategies with a focus on interchange rate development for existing as well as new products, merchant segments and channels.
Query large databases to obtain the data necessary to evaluate different interchange opportunities. Build financial cost-benefit analyses and modeling to determine impacts for issuers, acquirers, merchants and Visa using VisaNet data, and make recommendations to management.
Develop rigorous, fact-based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for any recommendations.
Develop executive level communications. Communicate recommendations in a clear, concise and impactful way. Generate support for recommendations among business leaders across the organization.
Support the publication of changes in Visa interchange rates. Provide Visa client-facing staff, interchange rates and qualification criteria as well as field additional ad-hoc questions, requests and analysis on interchange.
Interface with the global systems group to develop interchange business requirements and track systems development work.
Work with the Global Interchange Compliance team on the interchange compliance program to ensure that clients are qualifying for the correct interchange rates.
Develop and update reports / dashboards to evaluate performance of interchange rates and business indicators in general for internal Visa use.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhDMBA or relevant graduate degree in finance or economics from top-tier institution, or similar academic/professional experience.
• 3-5+ years total experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, pricing, banking or finance.
• Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry preferred.
• Ability to develop content independently and prioritize workflow with limited supervision, to manage projects.
• Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently and ability to adapt to changes in priorities quickly.
• Ability to participate in complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels.
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze sophisticated financial modeling.
• Experience working with economic theories, scenario analysis and competitive assessments. Knowledge of payments industry revenue drivers a plus.
• Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility with functional and regional leaders within Visa.
• Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities.
• Bilingual English/Spanish required, Portuguese a plus.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 100,700.00 to 130,900.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.