Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Visa Operations & Infrastructure Architecture team is looking for an experienced systems architect to design infrastructure solutions for new and evolving applications. In this role, you’ll participate in initiatives at the heart of Visa’s growth strategy. At times, you’ll be challenged to minimize costs of a new service. Other times, you’ll be asked to solve scaling and resiliency problems for services used around the globe supporting thousands of banks and millions of cardholders.
You’ll work across the Product, Product Development, and infrastructure technology domains (compute, storage, database, network, middleware, & operations, etc.) interacting with the some of the best and brightest engineers, architects, and product leads pushing the boundaries of what’s achievable in delivering new and innovative payment solutions to the masses.
- Capture functional and non-functional requirements from the Product and Product Development teams and translate them into actionable infrastructure design activities
- Design infrastructure solutions, develop BOMs (bills of material) and calculate cost estimates based on standard infrastructure building blocks and design patterns
- Act as design coordinator for non-standard configurations and design patterns working with the infrastructure technology domains. Engage Solution Architecture for new Technologies.
- Ensure all infrastructure designs comply with Cybersecurity, IT Disaster Recovery and Operational requirements
- Present and justify your designs in architecture reviews and procurement decisions
- Document detailed server, virtual machine, container and storage specifications and network changes for build and implementation teams
- Work with virtual teams located in different time zones and with differing cultures.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other engineering or technical degree
• 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Work experience in a compute, storage, network, middleware, or database engineering or architecture role
• Understanding of cloud infrastructure concepts, virtualization, SQL/NoSQL database architectures
• Understanding of role based access, identity and access management framework
• Understanding of high availability & high volume processing environments
• Understanding of load balancers, global traffic management, firewalls and networking concepts
• Desire and ability to work with global cross-functional teams leveraging efficient processes via automation
• Analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
• Strong communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
• Familiar with TOGAF & ITIL concepts
• Masters Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other engineering or technical degree
• Experience working with public, private and hybrid clouds
• Understanding of Infrastructure as code methodology and tools such as Terraform
• Understanding of cloud automation, DevOps and CI/CD tools
• Understands Architecture Constructs - (Architecture & Design patterns, protocols SOAP, REST, etc.), Development Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
• Experience with IT Architecture (high-level & detail-level design, blueprinting, design patterns) and Project Management Tools (Clarity, MS Project, Rally, Jira, etc.)
• Experience working with cloud native environments using Kubernetes
• ITIL v3 and/or TOGAF Certification
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 111400 to 142000 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.US Applicants Only: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 111,400.00 USD to 142,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.