Director, Global Sales Enablement
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Director of Global Sales Enablement will have a primary role in the development, design, and deployment of enablement strategies, world class tools, materials, and programs that enable global sales teams to achieve Visa’s aggressive revenue targets, sell Visa’s rich solutions set, deliver growth, and diversify revenue into Value Added Services and New Flows.
The Director of Global Sales Enablement will lead cross functional efforts to build and deliver new tools and artifacts designed to support all client facing teams’ members, including Visa’s sales leaders. Will work together with Visa University, collaborating with regional and business unit stakeholders, in the design, development, and delivery of Visa’s bespoke sales methodology IDDEA, being an integral part of evolving IDDEA, and dedicated to applying the methodology across a variety of teams.
This person will lead and/or participate in multifunctional initiatives that aim to increase sales performance and productivity. With a strong bias for action, this person should be a highly effective program manager with a track record of supporting sales programs and projects that have delivered tangible impact to sales pipeline, booking and revenue targets in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
The Director will be a seasoned professional with a passion for sales and sales enablement, with strategic thinking, and the ability drive execution in a fast-paced environment. With strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a positive can-do attitude.
- Develop, design, and deploy enablement strategies, tools, and materials that equip our teams to sell Visa’s rich solutions set, deliver growth, and diversify revenue.
- Create, champion, evolve and drive Visa’s IDDEA Sales Methodology on behalf of and across our global client facing teams. Championing consistent and effective use of IDDEA, globally. Global adoption of best in class and design and development of new IDDEA artifacts.
- Strategize and execute plans to increase usage and adoption of the IDDEA artifacts library by different personas and business units
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Product Marketing, Product Management, Client Services, Sales Engineering, and Visa University in support of key IDDEA initiatives
- Enable acceleration of growth and diversification of revenue of Value-Added Services and New Flows.
- Design strategies and plans to drive adoption and usage of Product Enrollment portal, accelerating time to revenue, simplifying enrollment to implementation process.
- Take a primary role in the design and execution of the learning modules of the Country Manager & senior sales leaders’ trainings
- Measure and report on our global teams understanding and adoption of the specialty sales tools, templates, and client facing artifacts developed to support the methodology
- Customize existing content to accommodate for required regional and solution-specific variations
- Determine learning paths, design curriculum, and deliver training programs designed to educate new and experienced sales representatives on the WHY and the HOW behind the methodology
- Partner closely with sales and other business leaders to create and develop dedicated learning paths to reinforcing critical sales competencies
- Document and create new avenues to celebrate and share the good news of strategic IDDEA wins across our business units
- Support targeted sales programs that enable sales to increase their pipeline and revenue bookings
- Facilitate and actively promote sharing of best practices and influence adoption across regions
- Contribute to building a culture of collaboration and mutual accountability across regions and business units
- Develop Sales enablement materials framework and design for the new Knowledge Management platform in partnership with functions and business units
- Support sales training (e.g., Dynamics, GCES, SOM, Product Enrollment Portal, Country Manager)
- Develop the concept and roll out lead generation approach for various Visa teams
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• Prior experience in Sales, Business Development, client facing roles, preferably, in the payment industry, in a multicultural environment.
• Passion for and ability to design and implement sales enablement programs and activities that level up our client facing teams and drive measurable business outcomes
• Strong knowledge of payment industry
• Skilled in navigating within a complex, matrix organization.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
• Broad based functional background, emphasizing sales, marketing, and sales enablement.
• Proven negotiation and analytical skills.
• Strong executive presence
• Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, intellectually curious, and flexible
• Excellent problem-solving skills, highly organized with attention to detail, and adept at multi-tasking and adapting to evolving priorities
• Effective leadership and people management skills, with a focus on developing diverse, high-performing teams and fostering an inclusive culture that is collaborative and inquisitive.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 117,700 to 153,000 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: Limited travel required for this role, but flexibility in working hours is required to accommodate regular engagement across multiple time zones.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.