Senior Director - Risk Operations Center
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Senior Director – Risk Operations Center is a high-visibility, hands-on role that is responsible for the management, support, and expansion of the Risk Operations Center (ROC) team within the Global Risk organization at Visa. The ROC is a global team made up of cyber and fraud experts that are responsible for providing 24x7 real-time monitoring of the Visa ecosystem’s security posture as it relates to payment transactions processed across its network. This team is also responsible for incident identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking for key Visa payment use cases. This. The Sr. Director is responsible for all aspects of leading and managing geographically disperse teams – overseeing a fast-paced team of cyber and fraud experts that identifies, analyzes, and disrupts attacks targeting the global payment ecosystem. This position reports to the Vice President, Global Fraud Services, within the Global Risk organization.
- Oversee the analysis and escalation process for complex and/or high severity fraud threats or incidents and ensure appropriate handling and investigation of fraud alerts/threats across Visa’s alerting platforms
- Provide the strategy and operational playbooks for optimizing day-to-day activities of Visa’s global Risk Operations Center, ensuring that all identified events are promptly validated and thoroughly investigated and actioned
- Provides advice and guidance on the response action plans for payment fraud risk events and incidents based on incident type and severity
- Serve as primary escalation point between the Risk Operations Center, the leadership team, and cross-functional teams within Global Risk and across the Visa organization
- Assess impact accurately of a critical/major incident and author communication for distribution to executive audience within established time expectations
- Ensure the delivery of ROC services and capabilities to select clients on a commercial basis meets expectations and agreed upon milestones
- Partner with the Technology team and other security vendors in developing and refining the ROC’s alert ingestion platform and its correlation rules and blocking mechanisms, including the development of new use cases for alert management
- Serve as a Global Risk Subject Matter Expert on various Visa fraud alerting platforms
- Ensure high performance through emphasis on recruiting talent individuals, coaching/mentoring to achieve full potential, and establishing performance metrics to gauge impact/progress
- Collaborate with Visa’s intelligence team to recognize and implement measures to identify and disrupt new fraud and cybercrime threats to the payments ecosystem and communicate them to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide and oversee technical analysis support to the Global Risk organization to protect the payment ecosystem.
- Identify and recommend process improvements, system enhancements, and procedural changes to increase operational efficiencies and data quality
-12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ years’ experience in payment card or cybersecurity industry, payment card investigations, cybercrime fraud and/or red team testing
- Proven experience managing or leading a team within a 24x7 Operations Center
- Leads by example - strives for excellence within themselves and within the organization
- Knowledge of payment transactions, systems processing transactions and overall transaction process
- Advanced level of written and spoken communication
- Understanding of networks, risk management, network security, digital forensics, and security operations
- Prior experience with data analytics, visualization tools and concepts
- Ability to respond after-hours, weekends and holidays to major fraud events, to support shift work, and manage a 24x7 team
- Passion for fraud schemes and cybercrime investigations
- Understanding of payments process and cybercrime and fraud techniques
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to successfully manage and execute multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, at times under tremendous stress
- 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
- Direct experience with VisaNet, ISO 8583, transaction routing, VCMS, Base I and Base II platforms
- Familiarity with intelligence databases and analytical tools or similar intelligence reporting systems
- Analysis of cyber threat intelligence and fraud intelligence
- CISSP, CHFI, CEH, GIAC certifications
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 157,100.00 to 216,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.