Director, Technical Product Management (Hybrid)
- ADMIN USE ONLY: NSBE
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Our Value Added Services (VAS), Acceptance Solutions team, builds technologies that helps businesses turn their ideas into reality. Across the globe our partners look to us for tools, knowledge and a passion for making payment acceptance secure, fast and easy! We are on a journey, and we are looking for individuals who echo our growth mentality, enjoy delivering great technology (at a global scale) and enabling success.
The Director is passionate about building new products and enhancements into our existing products and platform to more quickly launch new, innovative offerings that create tremendous value for payments partners (e.g., Financial Institutions, Merchants, Processors, and Emerging Payments Providers) and delight end consumer users. To effect this transformation, we are looking for digital savvy technical product management leaders who are passionate about innovating and delivering truly differentiated user experiences for specific marketplaces. They will be responsible for rapidly growing Visa’s product portfolios by delivering new offerings that will be integrated into existing core product platforms. This leader will work with clients and internal guides to identify and prioritize products to discover, lead the build (not code), complete the launch and drive product commercialization to target levels of adoption and utilization.
Are you a high impactful leader with a strong technical product management background? If so, this is the right opportunity for you!
- Develop of a comprehensive product execution strategy and align with the product roadmap to drive the usage of our Acceptance Solutions products.
- Lead a team of impactful Technical Product Managers to build/maintain processing connections, driving ownership of full lifecycle of Product Management
- Lead the adoption, policies, implementation, and enablement of payment APIs with Visa's clients, merchants, and partners in various regions
- Drive the development of payment products and solutions that promote security, increase sales, and provide a seamless user experience.
- Play a key role in defining the value proposition, and delivery roadmap of features that align with business and market demands.
- Building a positive relationship with business owners and contribute to the definition and evolution of business strategy, goals, roadmap, and objectives. Working with architects and leads in evolving technology roadmaps for applications and systems within the Payment domain and ensuring alignment with enterprise strategies.
- Ensuring all partners have a common understanding of all solution requirements.
- Participation in solution design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Engage with client facing teams on market opportunities, integration, and product rollout activities at global scale.
- Conduct performance analytics, business reviews, and generate recommendations for growing product usage and performance improvements.
- Coach/mentor junior members of the team to help build the next generation of product talent.
- Demonstrable payment industry domain expertise. Knowledge of emerging payment trends, players, and competitive landscape.
- Ensure product vision and requirements are designed with long-term vision in mind and can be launched globally with minimal tweaks
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 5+ years of industry experience as a product manager within a technology environment, with a record of successfully delivering complex products and services
- Experience and knowledge of card present, card not present, and alternative payment methods, including details about their mechanics and use cases.
- Proven ability to manage complex products and projects through various, often competing priorities, constraints, and requirements.
- Customer champion with a consistent record of developing and driving a product vision based on deep understanding of customer needs.
- Shown leadership capabilities including significant thought leadership, effective decision making, and ability to work towards results.
- Excellent social skills with a strong emphasis on emotional intelligence to establish relationships with internal Visa teams and clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a flair for getting people excited.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 152,300.00 to 198,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.