Senior Reconciliation Analyst - Payments and Treasury (Hybrid/Onsite)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
What's the job? As part of the Payment Product Development organization, you will be responsible for management of various SaaS and hosted applications, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and initiating corrective actions, implementation, maintenance and support of Visa's Clearing and Settlement systems, which clear, settle, and deliver transactions to issuer and acquirer financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you will gain experience collaborating with various parts of the business in understanding requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement and implementing changes to the system where it is needed. The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
Who are we looking for? You! We are looking for a Senior Reconciliation Analyst having experience working on Payments and Treasury applications or products including Reconciliations. You are a great teammate, making sure that everyone on your team feels valued and is excited to work with you. Location, time pressure, distractions, none of it matters: no matter the environment, you know you can deliver and support amazing, high-performing products.
Experience and knowledge on Transaction Reconciliations, Bank Account Reconciliations, End to End Payment processing, Accounting, and payment products like SWIFT, Fedwire, NACHA and the like is necessary. You lead and encourage others to take risks, be bold, and innovate to create exceptional products that are both seamless for our clients and consumer facing. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution and encourage others to think the same. You recognize when to ask for help and when to collaborate with others, working across departments and influencing in areas beyond immediate control. Above all, you are someone who takes initiative and thinks like an owner - you've defined your everywhere and lead others to find theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
Why us? Working at Visa is challenging. The problems that we face and solve and the decisions that we make affect the world. Visa is all about helping people around the world reach their Everywhere, the place where their personal, professional, and financial goals intersect. As the premier payments’ technology company, we're proud to boast that our commerce platforms touch the lives of billions, all over the globe. If you have ambition, focus and drive, and are interested in joining a global team focused on changing the way the world pays and is paid, you'll find your everywhere at Visa.
- Collaborate with business, vendors and other stakeholders in problem definition, business case development, solution selection, requirement elaboration, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Analyze user stories to understand requirements and develop functional requirements and/or solution design documents/Wikis.
- Collaborate with various Visa Business Product groups (e.g., Visa Treasury) to groom requirement stories. Participate in agile ceremonies.
- Liaise with internal business and IT groups in performing support activities, system configuration and enhancement requests.
- Develop solutions for business problems or requirements, system technical issues and systems process issues.
- Adhere to defined software development lifecycle processes, including policy compliance, documentation, solution design, configuration management, testing, and approvals.
- Participates in the management of various SaaS and hosted applications, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and initiating corrective actions.
- Ensure adherence to customer service level agreements for Visa's Clearing and Settlement systems.
- Develop enhancements, integrations, transport protocols, review batch scripts, and modifications, including unit and integration testing plans and testing scripts, ensuring quality of technical deliverables, and collaborating with the global Quality Assurance team to define quality assurance test scope and approach.
- Interface with external software vendors for product issue troubleshooting and resolution, initiating Service Requests (SRs) as necessary with other 3rd Party Vendors.
- Collaborate with technical and security architects to evaluate risk and recommend remediation.
- Coordinate penetration testing activities using internal and external service providers.
- Provide root cause analysis for any systems or process issues, ensuring remediation plans are devised, discussed, and agreed on, and results are in permanent resolution of issues.
- Clearly explain a relevant technical solution to business partners or staff, including how it is deployed, how it is used by the company, where it fits in the overall IT architecture and systems strategy.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• 8 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
• Experience as an Analyst developing solution design and functional requirement documents for Payment and Reconciliation Treasury applications in an Agile environment is required
• Experience with Enterprise level Reconciliation covering Transaction and Bank Account Level Reconciliation and Reporting
• Experience with payments in Crypto Currencies and reconciliations would be a plus.
• Experience with tools like JIRA, Wiki, Sharepoint, MS Teams.
• Experience with SQL queries for data manipulation and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle)
• Experience working on Unix systems, shell scripts would be a plus.
• Experience working in a multinational environment very strongly preferred
• Experience working effectively with business and IT staff in multiple locations
• Knowledge of functional business processes surrounding the applications with prior experience in support or implementation
• Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly
• Exceptional communication and customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders, both technical and business users.
• Active listener, customer focused, relationship builder, team player
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 100,700.00 to 130,900.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
NOTE: NO RELOCATION, NO SPONSORSHIP SUPPORTED FOR THIS ROLE