Senior Manager, Transformation OCM
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
At Visa, our incredibly talented people drive the continued success and growth of our business. As a People team, our mission to recruit, engage, grow, and empower that talent is now more critical than ever.
One of our top priorities this year is to transform our People function with a clear strategy to advance our structure and our systems o better fuel Visa’s growth goals. Our Transformation team are the creators, innovators, and engineers of this effort.
This role will be part of a new team, Transformation PMO, and will directly support the project management and approach of the People Team Transformation. As a key member of the People Transformation team, this individual will be responsible for supporting the execution of high priority workstreams by developing, managing, and owning project plans in partnership with the working teams.
This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Senior Director, Transformation, Project Management (PMO). This individual will partner closely with key stakeholders across the People function to achieve workstream objectives in alignment with the overall People Team Transformation strategy.
Provide project management support, including defining and managing end-to-end project plans for high-profile transformation workstreams in partnership with working teams and Senior Director, PMO
Oversee all project plan related activities from inception, to planning, to execution with clear communication of outcomes, and responsibilities
Clearly define and articulate responsibilities of project team to ensure there is a clear understanding of how each role relates to the overall transformation strategy and workstream priorities
Identify dependencies and offer recommendations on how to best sequence work based on objectives and resource availability
Manage standard protocols/processes to establish consistency and drive effective implementation across all workstreams
Monitor progress of project plan tasks against commitments to ensure all requirements, deadlines and schedules remain on track and within budget, escalating risks and seeking guidance from the Senior Director, PMO as needed
Manage effective communication channels to keep all stakeholders informed, raising risks or challenges as needed
Interface with key partners/stakeholders and serve as the primary point of contact for the workstream/project team
Support creating materials for Transformation Leadership Team Meetings
Be the ‘glue’ that holds the project/workstream together
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
• Expertise in program project management with financial and budget management experience in a transformation environment preferred
• Experience designing and executing change management strategies Prosci or similar certification strongly preferred
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
• Entrepreneurial and flexible, strategic thinker who can balance strategy with detailed execution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex information into a compelling narrative, and in a variety of formats (ex. presentations, talking points, executive summaries, etc.)
• Strong attention to detail
• Keen eye for process improvement and operational efficiency
• Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills in a global, matrixed environment with cross-functional teams
• Self-starter, results oriented individual with the ability to “roll up their sleeves” and handle numerous projects concurrently
• Ability to anticipate issues before they arise and work to proactively support resolution
• Proven track record of driving results, even when faced with ambiguous circumstances
• Exceptional personal accountability and the highest of ethical standards
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• A very good sense of humor
This role may be located in any of our US locations. The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 94000 USD to 153000 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location of applicant. In addition, this position is eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), FSH/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time off, and Wellness Program.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.