Staff Software Engineer - NodeJS and Angular (Hybrid/Onsite)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Staff Software Engineer in Payment Products Development (PPD) will be part of a Clearing and Settlement (CAS) team will help design, enhance and build Visa Clearing Exchange (VCX) application that is the interface between Visa and Processing Centers’ internal payment processing systems. You will work with colleagues closely to create design documents, code, test, and implement new features, as well as modifications, and corrections to existing software. In this role, you will also be involved in project planning, estimation, and technology planning.
Work with stakeholders (business/product) across groups to develop and refine technical specifications
Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality product that meets technical requirements
Clearly communicate to management on the status of projects or other issues
Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plan
Coach and mentor junior engineers on the team and help them remove barriers
Design projects and deliver well tested solutions
Building web applications including both frontend and backend using the latest technologies.
Write software code following best practices and must meet security requirements.
Ability to support product with 24x7 rotational pager
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• 2 or more years of experience in NodeJS and Angular equivalent UI framework to develop web applications
• Extensive technical experience with full stack HTTP, REST APIs, Angular, Node.js, JSON and databases
• Experience in Agile with Jira for software development and delivery
• Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
• Hands-on experience with Linux (preferred) and Windows
• Knowledge of functional programming languages like C++ or C# is desired
• Working familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 117,700 to 153,000, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.