Senior Technical Program Manager II
- Bangalore, India
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Our Data & AI Platform is growing and the pace of change is accelerating. We deeply care that during internal growth our platform and services remain secure, stable and dependable for our customers and partners. As a Senior Technical Program Manager, for our Data team in Bangalore, you ll drive quality and velocity of our technology. You should be comfortable with owning issues and managing the outcome. You enjoy driving, resolving, facilitating and follow up. You understand the risks and the trade-offs and are both technical and process focused.
We are the Data & AI Platform Technology team within Visa. We collaborate with every other team at Visa to deliver on our broad mandate of Data Platforms that are secure, robust, and effective. To achieve this, we continuously reflect, learn, and commit to develop our platform, our processes, and our people.
Do you wonder why, what-if, and why not? Do you seek simple solutions to complex problems? Are you naturally curious and a voracious learner? Are you a magnet to responsibility?
We want you to join our team!
You love change. You are ready to challenge the status quo daily to enable a whole new world of data services with these responsibilities:
- Accountable for the end-to-end planning and implementation of complex projects and/or Agile teams. Lead and negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects and initiatives.
- Lead project level retrospectives, post-mortems, and RCAs (Root Cause Analysis) with clear next steps, action items, and follow-up.
- Coach multiple teams through the software development process using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work openly and boldly across all functions and geographies to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems.
- Ask thoughtful questions to help our customers, product owners, and product managers to maximize value and meet company objectives. Understand product strategy and benefits of the work you re doing with your teams!
- Guide groups through processes that help them come to solutions and make decisions.
- As a change agent, discover opportunities for process improvements, pilot and then drive on a larger scale.
- Implement Visa PMM project gates and artifacts. In parallel, partner to improve our internal tools and processes with an agile mindset.
- Champion the adoption of key engineering practices like Reflection, Learning, Code Review, and Continuous Integration.
- Take initiative to create and grow our learning community and be an Agile and Leadership Champion within the organization.
- Experience in leading GDPR compliance programs and driving Data Privacy initiatives is a bonus!
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• You love to make things happen with teamwork and process innovation. You are technical. You are collaborative.
• 14 or more years of experience, as Engineering Program Manager, Scrum Master, Project Manager, Senior Technical Program Manager (or equivalent) or Lead, working with technical teams developing software solutions. Including, 7 or more years of hands-on experience as a Scrum Master, Kanban, or Agile coach.
• Insatiable curiosity and ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of Data Platform and DevOps projects.
• Strong Technology know how of tech stacks (especially Big Data) and deep experience with best practices in software engineering practices.
• Participated in design and architecture best practice championing.
• Superb communication skills and facilitation skills.
• One or more Agile certifications: CSM, PMI ACP, ICAgile.
• PMP, PRINCE2 or similar detailed knowledge of formal project management processes.