Intern/Placement Software Engineer 12 months
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Placement Software Engineer
As a Placement Software Engineer within CyberSource you will be joining a highly collaborative, forward thinking team of technologists who are building solutions to be used by millions of people across the globe. Our knowledgeable team are committed to leveraging your talent and ambition to ensure you realize your maximum potential. We don’t expect you to know everything; we favor attitude and ability over experience. You will be involved in stimulating work every day, challenging you technical abilities and gaining an appreciation of the whole product development life cycle.
As a Placement Software Engineer in CyberSource you will:
- Help develop the next generation of CyberSource’s enterprise class solutions for our global client base
- Gain first hand exposure to the multiple facets of the software development lifecycle
- Have the opportunity to work across different product lanes gaining an insight and appreciation into software engineering practices, technologies and product complexities
- Work within an Agile environment who embraces Test Driven development, Continuous Integration and Development
- Grow your knowledge and understanding of software engineering through CyberSource’s progressive technical community
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- A strong academic record, having achieved or expect to receive a 2:1 or above in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field
- Strong coding ability within Object oriented languages such as Java, C# or C++
- An undeniable passion for the software engineering discipline; examples of work you have completed outside of the core curriculum is a plus
- A strong desire to understand and leverage new tools and technologies and evolve their learning of the discipline
- Analytical abilities, including the ability to translate and communicate technical requirements
- Strong communication skills and welcomes the opportunity to collaborate in a tight knit, agile team-oriented group
- Demonstrated software engineering experience from previous internship, work experience, coding competitions, or publications is a plus
CyberSource is an equal opportunities employer. We are strongly committed to equal opportunity and strive to align fully with equal employment laws, ordinances and regulations for all applicants and employees. A place where everyone is accepted everywhere. That is our vision, and our passion. We believe that when each of us are empowered to discover our true potential, what we can do together is limitless.
This position is designed for those individuals who are currently in their second year of university study and who require an industrial placement for their next academic year; the placement will be for 12 months minimum starting June 2023. All applicants must possess a current UK work permit/visa and be eligible to take up full time & permanent employment in the future.