Sr. Consultant, Client Success
- London, United Kingdom
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This Senior Account Manager role provides business and operational support to assigned financial institutions and partners for the Visa Direct product. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
Considered the functional expert for their clients processing and operational business, the candidate will gain a detailed understanding of the clients’ business and their needs.
Takes ownership & accountability for the resolution of operational support issues.
Liaise and collaborate across Visa to ensure their client’s current and aspirational needs are understood and can be communicated across Client Service teams as appropriate.
Provide insight and input within cross-functional Visa organizations for new or changing products and services that may impact their clients, including Visa rules, integrated billing, and transaction research.
Act as liaison for the client, provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives. Ensure processing system performance standards are achieved and that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost-efficient manner whilst managing costs and increasing overall transaction performance (including authorization, clearing & settlement, back-office processing).
Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
Represent complex, customer change requests, system, or operational requirements, negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally.
Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects, and client-driven continuous improvement plans.
Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts, consistently communicate situational status and resolution, advise on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities and implement as appropriate.
Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews with client to include billing and transaction processing, identifying, and discussing opportunities to make improvements.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Authorizations, Clearing & Settlement & back-office processing.
- Must have a good working knowledge of payments network and processing services.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving.
- 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
- Significant experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software, or information services.
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations. Work both as part of a team and independently.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply to business solutions.
- Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to external customers and identify business needs.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.