Director Airlines and MNO SME, VCA CEMEA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network, and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Consulting Airline and MNO Director will be a subject matter expert across these two critical industry sectors. They will be key in ensuring that our engagements are of an exceptional quality and deliver value to all parties.
We would expect the successful applicant to have deep domain expertise as the role involves working with clients within these industries to support them to utilise electronic payments and payment related data to grow and optimise their business. Ideally the successful applicants domain knowledge should include specific industry level customer & commercial aspects (CRM, Loyalty, Selling/Servicing channels, etc.), operational aspects, back office (ERP, HR, Finance, etc,) as well as a holistic understanding of these industries (trends. Players, best practices, multifunctional experience across strategy, optimization, organization etc) ideally coupled with payment expertise. The role requires the successful applicant to be able to lead workshops with clients across all levels in the organization, develop proposals that meet the client needs identified and deliver engagements to address the needs identified
Principal Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Ongoing evolution of the Airline and MNO consulting strategy within the Merchant Service Line consulting practice
- Holistic understanding of Airline and MNO industries (trends. players, best practices, multifunctional experience across strategy, optimization, organization etc)
- Domain knowledge at industry level of customer & commercial aspects (CRM, Loyalty, Selling/Servicing channels, etc.), operational aspects, back office (ERP, HR, Finance, etc,)
- Development and expansion of offerings relevant to Airlines and MNOs that support business growth including data related services, cobrands, VAS etc.
- Build close relationships with MNO and Airline partners to develop expert understanding of their specific evolving needs
- Strong desire to collaborate with colleagues in the Merchant Services Team, Product, Risk, Digital, Managed Services and sub-regional and global teams to utilise their expertise and share yours
- Ability to engage effectively with all levels of the organisation of both Visa and clients
- Development of client proposals, delivery of client engagements and ongoing upskilling of colleagues
- Continuously scan external environment to bring in best-in-class practices and challenge conventional wisdom to ensure Visa’s continued leadership and excellence.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 8 years of solid end to end (strategy to operations) consulting experience in the following areas: Airlines, MNOs, Payments
- Strong facilitation skills
- Experience should be gained within an Airline or MNO coupled with servicing these industries in a top-tier consulting firm. A combination of regional and global experience strongly desired.
- Deep level of expertise in relevant industries, consulting skills and client engagement capabilities. Advanced client contact and presentation skills. Credibility with clients and working teams and diplomatic skills to extract desired outcomes. Comfortable interacting with and presenting to senior management of clients and VISA.
- Highly analytical with advanced PowerPoint skills and Excel skills.
- Superior project management skills. Fluent communicator.
- Must have financial acumen and commercial awareness skills.
- Results driven, flexible and both internally and externally customer focused.
- Able to travel frequently and work on client site for extended periods across CEMEA.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative with limited direction.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with inter-disciplinary and geographically remote groups
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluency in English mandatory