Program Management Consultant
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to Product and Technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services, and enabling our client facing teams to deliver and scale new products, services and initiatives into the market.
Are you a Program Manager who thrives on delivering business and organizational impact through cross-functional initiatives? Are you as passionate about process management, communications, and iterative and continuous improvement as you are about time, budget and scope? If you answered yes, let’s talk!
This Program Manager will play a key role in creating and managing Client Outreach process that would impact hundreds of our clients for specific programs, scheduling, tracking and reporting on program progress - delivering measurable change and pro-actively identifying issues/risks for the programs.
The What & The How.
Take a data-driven approach to solving problems and delivering business and organizational outcomes through cross-functional, high visibility initiatives.
Have a clear plan on how you will deliver the initiative, and be ready to proactively and transparently pivot when things happen that change your plan.
Have a very adaptable plan in automation and create templates for artifacts that will help baseline a clear process for client outreach activities
Use your agile and lean mindset to drive continuous process improvement and efficiencies in how we work within the PMO to drive change.
Bring stakeholders and team members at multiple organizational levels along on the initiative journey via user-friendly and timely communications leveraging multiple communication channels.
Strengthen our PMO foundation through best practices and by mentoring team members.
Apply your passion for program management, continuous improvement, communications and change management to help us work at scale and keep us constantly evolving to meet business needs.
Be reasonable and flexible as you create timelines and manage project team members, knowing it is as much about how you drive the change as driving the change itself. Create a program experience that people want to be a part of.
Motivate your team with context, connection, and by using data to drive results.
Use strong communication skills to provide clear, concise, digestible, and proactive communication to stakeholders to ensure awareness and swiftly solve problems
Collaborate, influence and be a change agent within the team and with cross-functional partners (at multiple levels) to achieve desired outcomes, without churn
Apply leadership skills to evolving situations, aligning teams, providing appropriate context, pivoting direction, working expeditiously through ambiguity and prioritizing work to minimize churn
Ready to get “Hands on” experience – working with readiness managers to create the documents and templates needed for the successful delivery of the initiatives
Evaluating and assessing the programs strengths and improvement opportunities
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Client-centric, tech-savvy, driven, collaborative, comfortable with change, appropriately flexible, understands and can translate complex issues and speak to impact and priority
- Curious and loves to learn new things able to quickly process new information and connect sometimes seemingly unconnected dots
- Experience working on both Business and technology initiatives , experience with business project delivery experience like training, change mgmt. office – working with client facing teams is an added advantage
- Good analytical skills to be able to understand the challenges from a “Service experience” standpoint and work with the team to establish a clear process to resolve those issues – (eg) templatizing deliverables, creating clear processes and knowledge bases etc..
- Agile/lean experience, strong business acumen, adept at data-driven problem solving and comfort moving between the strategic and the tactical as the situation requires
- 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Change management experience
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.