- Austin, TX
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
- Ability to perform the Scrum Master role across two Scrum teams.
- Promote Agile values, principles, Scrum guidelines within the organization and with the Scrum team.
- Coach and guide teams by influencing habit changes that lead to a higher level of maturity in Scrum methodology and team performance.
- Exhibit servant leadership to guide and motivate the team to work together and be cross-functional.
- Schedule, manage and facilitate Scrum events.
- Promote communication between product owner, stakeholders, and development team members to ensure the highest value work is consistently being delivered.
- Foster transparency through a focus on internal and external communication.
- Build an environment of trust and collaboration to empower teams to be self-managed.
- Must demonstrate interpersonal skills to facilitate discussion, decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Ability to track and remove impediments for the Scrum team as quickly as possible.
- Develop metrics and reports to help the team understand its health and progress and to set goals.
- Be familiar with the Scaled Agile (SAFe) frameworks and grow the maturity of the team and organization to enable effective scaling.
- Work with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree :e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree: e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Six or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or four years of experience with an Advanced Degree :e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD up to three years of relevant experience with a PhD.
- Certified Scrum Master CSM or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of Scrum events, including cadence, purpose, and attendees of each event.
- Experience supporting Scrum teams that are developing and testing code on the Microsoft Dynamics platform is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. A demonstrated ability to communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks and ensure successful task completion and influence without direct authority to achieve necessary goals.
- Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project as well Agile tools including JIRA, SharePoint, and Confluence.
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile, Lean methodologies.
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with cross-functional interactions. Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent time management, communication, collaboration, and organization skills.
- The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- The incumbent must make themselves available to support technical resources in the Asian Pacific time zones, when applicable.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.