Business Optimization Analyst
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences. By coupling in-depth analysis of cardholder behavior with Visa’s world-class products, digital offerings and marketing capabilities, we ensure our clients’ programs operate at their peak potential and that cardholders have seamless commerce experiences in both the physical and digital world.
As part of the NA Insight Delivery team, the Analyst will help to deliver this vision to clients of Visa. In this role, you will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense and a creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa issuing banks.
Robust automation, effective visualization, and both experience and understanding of how to utilize big data environments is critical. The ability to manage BAU reporting activities in parallel with projects and new initiatives having the adequate setting and balance of priorities is essential to the success of the role. Innovation and a willingness to challenge traditional paradigms are important to the success of the role.
This role derives analytic insights into client performance and helps to deliver those findings to external and internal stakeholders. Prior to completing an analysis, this role will formulate and source the necessary datasets from internal tools and platforms, rendering insights in compelling presentations and visualizations.
Specific activities may include:
- Create and present analytic deliverables to external Visa clients, colleagues in the Global Business Optimization team, and other internal stakeholders with varying degrees of analytical and technical expertise.
- Gain an understanding of root problems, define analytical objectives, and formalize data requirements for various types of analyses.
- Combine and analyze disparate data sources and derive insights in a Big Data environment.
- Proactively facilitate the overall analytic delivery strategy for the organization.
- Compare client performance against industry best practices with a shrewd eye toward identifying performance and/or profitability improvement opportunity.
- Develop presentations of complex data and content for clients in an accurate, understandable, and engaging manner.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both home and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 50% of the time during the week. Two days are designated as in-office collaboration days and are based on the office in which the candidate is domiciled. The third day in the office will be decided based on team needs and determined in partnership with senior leadership.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD).
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in data analysis and/or insight delivery with a proven record of creating business value using data.
- A 4-year college degree in a quantitative field is preferred.
- High level of proficiency manipulating data from a variety of sources - Big data skills (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) and/or SQL skills required.
- Experience visualizing data with tools like Tableau is a plus.
- Advanced Tableau skills are highly desirable.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be proficient in all MS Office applications with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Visa experience or knowledge of the payments industry is a plus.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.