Staff Backend SW Test Engineer - Java and Rest API automation
- Austin, TX
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
In this position, you will be part of the Mobile Enablement Platform organization leading the test activities of the backend development of Visa Digital Commerce App (VDCA) to enable digital payment through mobile applications, while working with a highly diverse and collaborative team to drive the success of our business and clients.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Engineer that is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users. The successful candidate will lead Test Engineering efforts and work with other stake holders to ensure seamless code releases.
- Design and develop test plans and functional test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents
- Lead Test design/plan review sessions with peers and other stakeholders
- Provide estimates on scope and scale of effort required to test changes
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Execute test cases, analyze and report test results to project team
- Contribute to test automation initiatives including building test tools to improve code quality and application performance
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Ensure on-time delivery of high quality product
- Be flexible to accommodate cross-region team development/collaboration and address urgent production issues.
The staff software test engineer position is based in Austin, Texas.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Plan, write, execute, and refactor automated test cases using scrum methodology. Test and certify software features for release. Manage configurations, build, branching, and deployment issues related to delivered code. Develop test development frameworks and tools. Implement best-fit automation framework and corresponding tests. Write utilities and automation tools using Java and REST. Communicate status frequently in daily Scrum. Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos. Document process, designs, test results, and analysis for software development.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• Major field of study: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related technical field
• 6+ years’ experience in software development or test automation & framework development using JAVA
• Experience with build, testing and continuous integration tools eg. Jenkins, Maven etc.
• Experience in Oracle and SQL
• Experience in web services standards and related technologies including XML, SOAP and REST.
• Experience in system monitoring and problem troubleshooting
• Experience with Linux as OS.
• Experience with Bitbucket(GIT Stash) or equivalent version control tools.
• Agile development methodology
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform
• Experience in Spring
• Proficiency with Agile Development Techniques.
• Experience in mobile (Android, iOS) test tools and technologies
• Experience with tools including Rally, JIRA and wiki
• Data Analytics and aggregation using Splunk.
• Financial domain knowledge
• Cross-browser and cross-device test implementation experience
• Shell scripting
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.