Intern, Cybersecurity - Masters - Multiple Locations - Summer 2023
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
We are seeking graduate-level Cybersecurity interns. As an intern, you will take on meaningful work, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in global case challenges and impactful initiatives. You will get the chance to work with multiple teams, systems, and products through a wide variety of data sources. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and bring Visa to the next level of a rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
During the internship, you will work on one or more hands-on projects with the team. Our summer internship also equips you with social and professional networking events and developmental workshops, designed to provide you the resources and training to have an impactful summer.
Some examples of previous summer intern projects:
- Design, enhance, and build Application Security Tools and Services
- Support Product development teams in writing secure code free of Application security vulnerabilities
- Security Use cases and develop code to execute multi-step security procedures
By applying to this position, your application is automatically considered across multiple locations. As a summer Intern, you will be placed in one of the technology organizations at Visa and specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, and team needs.
- Pursuing a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS/MIS, Data Science, Cybersecurity, Business or a related field, graduating December 2023 or later
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language or technology including, but not limited, to Java, C/C++, C#, and Python
- Domain exposure of Cloud Security: AWS or Azure
- Experience with Linux, Windows, or Unix
- Exposure with Intrusion Detection open-source software (Bro IDS, Suricata, Snort, etc)
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
- Document process, designs, test results, and analysis
- Lead root cause analysis and track defect resolution to completion
- Review and provide feedback on development code, test designs and test cases
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.