Global Sales Enablement Director
- Austin, TX, USA
- ADMIN USE ONLY: Cybersource Hiring Campaign
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This Director role will be a member of Global Sales Enablement team covering Acceptance and VAS (Value Added Services) Solutions. Director will be responsible for various activities and initiatives that support the global sales team. The position requires a seasoned professional with a broad, well-rounded set of skills, a high level of energy, flexibility, and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. This position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area (the Foster City and/or San Francisco offices as necessary).
As a member of the Global Sales Enablement team, this role is responsible for driving Acceptance and VAS-wide programs focused on providing our direct sales teams with the content, training, and tools that are needed to help them sell more effectively. This position will support the internal training function with content curation, voice of sales, and overall event support/management.
The ideal candidate has experience in shaping content, excels at PowerPoint, skillful at small group presentations, and thrives at multi-tasking. This work involves partnership with cross-functional leaders and subject matter experts including Marketing, Sales, Product Development, Product Management, Client Support Services, Sales Operations, and other teams across Visa (e.g., Visa University).
- Lead the overall direct sales enablement program across regions, inclusive of all products, enhancements, and solutions for Acceptance and VAS direct and indirect sales channels.
- Own the overall facilitation of any sales boot camp trainings, product overviews, and core competencies to the direct sales teams within CyberSource. Includes managing agendas, shaping content, coordinating speakers, and facilitating any onsite training.
- Deliver ad-hoc product trainings to educate and inform direct sales teams of upcoming product enhancements/launches. Coordinate with product owners to shape content and deliver cohesive and relevant content aligned to sales methodology frameworks
- Partner with Visa University to develop online/on-demand training content for direct sales, including product introductions, basic sales skills competencies, and onboarding information.
- Work with regional sales leaders to identify needs and deliver relevant solutions.
- Uncover potential 3rd party training opportunities for enhancing ‘sales skills’ and coordinate delivery.
- Use knowledge of Sales process and methodologies to customize and deliver selling-focused learning solutions aligned with business priorities and initiatives
- Build a strong knowledge of the business, including internal and external trends, and keeps up to date payments industry and regional nuances.
- Document current business process, highlighting gaps and opportunities with current state operations, including evaluating assets, collateral, and resources currently available today. Collaborate with subject matter experts to design and implement enhanced future state enhancements.
- Create reusable and customizable templates, trainings, and artifacts to promote the use of scalable, customer centric content with a solution mindset.
- Aptitude for Conceptual Thinking – Able to develop frameworks to organize fragmented information. Quickly comprehends various products/services and how they add value for clients. Adept at identifying relevant connections between disparate ideas (i.e., connecting the dots)
- Thought Leadership – Aptitude to think creatively and identify new strategies/solutions/approaches
- Problem Solving – Uses creativity and resourcefulness to identify solutions and opportunities
- Lead change and generate new ideas – Pursue bold ideas, challenge status quo and generate high-impact ideas for the business function
- Collaboration – Modeler of collaboration and influence, demonstrates an impulse to help the people they work with
- Interpersonal Skills – Strong social judgment, adept at developing relationships
- Personal Accountability – Exceptional personal accountability and self-motivated
- Personal Presence – Projects confidence, composed under pressure
Flex Work Arrangement: This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10-15 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ years’ experience in sales enablement, program management, product management, business consulting, sales, or marketing with increasing responsibility, including working with sales organization(s) to deliver educational training solutions to improve sales competencies.
- Passionate about sales and prior sales experience/sales enablement experience in a worldwide sales organization (e.g., in a technology company)
- Knowledge of selling tools (e.g., CRM, Portals), process, and skills (e.g., solution/consultative selling, storytelling/communication, white boarding, customer development, opportunity development, selling fundamentals).
- Strong, polished executive presence and business acumen a must.
- Passion for teaching/training/facilitation and providing the best learning experiences for learners.
- Experience building role-based learning paths for global sales roles
- Experience building solutions-based learning for broad range of products and solutions
- Experience delivering formal or informal learning programs using single channel or blended approaches, including virtual and classroom-based instructor-led training (ILT), peer-to-peer learning, on-the-job learning and eLearning.
- Proven ability to increase learner engagement in course facilitation.
- Ability to comprehend and translate complex technical concepts into terms that are easy to understand for non-industry audiences in an influential and persuasive manner.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and consulting skills.
- Strong stakeholder management, relationship management and influencing skills at all levels in and organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapidly changing content and strategies.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.