Social Impact Inclusion & Diversity - Undergrad Intern - Austin - 2023
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Inclusion & Diversity Intern will focus on supporting the I&D team on strategic planning of I&D specific external partnerships. Your analysis will help identify areas of opportunity and strengths that will inform team of partnerships that will maximize employee experience. As a member of the Inclusion & Diversity team, the intern will work with various internal and external stakeholders to execute Visa’s inclusion initiatives which may have global implications.
- Assist with the development of an annual plan utilizing all I&D partnerships that is in alignment with the Global I&D Strategy
- Manage the data collection and analysis of I&D external partnerships
- Develop mechanism to assess viability of future partnership requests
- Measure partnership performance with qualitative and quantitative tools
- Research strategic partnerships using internal and external intelligence
- Act as an integral and integrated member of the I&D project team
- Prepare varying level of presentations such as, data findings, partnership updates, planning sessions, etc.
- Organize data with I & D and stakeholders
- Establish process to ensure consistency in approach and measurement
- Support I&D team with logistics including scheduling, evaluation, and reporting
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree, graduating December 2023 or later
- Available to all tech and non-tech majors with experience in data analytics
- Permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position
- Interest in program and project management
- Ability to synthesize and analyze data and trends
- Passion, commitment, and general knowledge of inclusion & diversity topics
- Track record managing multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication skills (research, interview, write, edit, and present)
- Strong interest and willingness to drive change
- Ability to work both independently and as a strong collaborative team member
- Organizational skills with high degree of attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office programs and ability to adapt to and learn new software programs/systems
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.