Customer Insights (CI) Strategy - Undergraduate Internship - Austin, TX
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Our 12 week Visa internship program occurs during the summer months only.
Technology and its consumption to perform payments is reaching new heights as consumers demand more from experiences. With the significant shift to digital our clients, financial, technology partners and merchant partners are all having to adapt their technology and digital strategy to meet the demands of these expectations and experiences. As the world of payments continues to change quickly, driven by new payment methods, evolving customer demand, and often unpredictable global events, Visa must continue to change with it, and must do so by staying close to its customers and solving their most pressing pain points.
The Visa Customer Insights team leads efforts on understanding, measuring, and championing customer experience across Visa’s product portfolios. Our team applies the latest in CX analytics, surveying, and machine learning to drive strategic impact across the product organization. We are looking for an outstanding intern who is interested in working closely with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to understand the customer journey and analyze business needs, document and understand customer requirements, measure peaks and valleys in the customer journey, conduct strategic assessments, track and develop analytics, and develop/implement solutions. They will sit side-by-side with our customer experience platform manager to evolve and champion the CX program, have access to internal and external data sources, and be expected to communicate relevant insights to senior leadership and key decision-makers. The ideal candidate works well in collaborative environments with minimal formal structure and is comfortable in changing environments with competing priorities. Above all, this person must intrinsically be a champion and steward for the customer.
Specific engagements will depend on upon your skills sets, interest and team needs. Job roles & responsibilities and projects could include:
- Be a creative thinker who is passionate about brainstorming out of the box approaches to solve for client challenges and user experiences
- Data Insights: develop and formalize a series of approaches for tracking activity to track end to end journeys and performance metrics
- Taking next steps from analysis to communication to achieve successful outcomes
- Work collaboratively with organizational leads on projects involving customer experience management
- Assisting with day-to-day responsibility for CX platform’s operations ensuring the business is capitalizing on its functionality to reinforce and enable our priorities of Customer-Centricity
- Evolving the CX programs and platform to better measure the overall merchant experience and deliver more actionable insights
- Documenting features and functions of systems
- Assisting in all stages CX platform implementation
- Identifying who to survey, how to route feedback, who should have access and at what level
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field graduating December 2023 or later
- Strong communication skills coupled with the ability to be investigative/curious. Fluent in using major mainstream software services including but not limited to: MS office and collaboration applications
- Strong written skills that demonstrate ability to communicate business problems and solutions in a precise and concise manner
- Awareness and exposure in Tableau, Medallia, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and broader MS office applications including Visio, MS Teams etc
- Experience in understanding and analyzing data
- Awareness of eCommerce, digital and social media platforms for payment acceptance
- The ability to lean in and take on new challenges with a strong approach to cross functional collaboration
- Strong ability to collaborate both within a team and cross functionally
- Highly driven, creative and seeks out new alternatives to the status quo and results oriented
- Excellent team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate and navigate with ambiguity to meet goals
Work Authorization: Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Future sponsorship will not be considered.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.