- San Francisco, CA
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Team / role summary
Visa's Connected Commerce team is looking for a highly motivated Product Manager to drive the features and efficiencies in the Tap to Phone program and build solutions that offer delightful partner and payment experiences. The role will function as a conduit between technical and cross-functional teams, driving from concept to launch – program needs, prioritization, execution, and metrics. This will be a broad-reaching product management role, so organizational savviness and interpersonal and negotiation skills are critical as they will interface with all areas of Visa.
This position interacts with many global and cross-functional stakeholders, including various Product, Technology, Client Support, Data Analytics, and Business Function leads. This role is global and will need to balance regional and global opportunities to achieve overall program objectives. Accomplishing this will require a nuanced ability to collaborate across a complex and highly matrixed organization.
About Visa Connected Commerce
The Connected Commerce team’s charter is at the intersection of next generation technology for payment acceptance. The team works on cutting edge technologies enabling software-based Tap to Phone solutions. More details about Connected Commerce.
About Tap to Phone
Payment terminals or Point of Sale (PoS) systems have lagged in innovation. The terminal hardware is custom made and must go through multiple certifications on a periodic basis. The cost and complexity associated with owning and maintaining a terminal is onerous for small and medium scale merchants making it difficult for them to accept card payments. Small and medium enterprises account for more than 85% of global transactions. It is worth noting that 6.5T USD worth of transactions happen every year in cash. There is a problem and an opportunity here and the Tap to Phone team is building a platform of enablement for the ecosystem. The use cases range from small sellers and high-end retailers to urban mobility and hospitality.
- Represent the voice of the partner to the technology team - a natural design thinker that can synthesize requirements into a common set of platform and services capabilities, writing very clear, thorough, and detailed user stories and requirements for complex features and product sets.
- Create epics and break them down into smaller user stories to deliver the product enhancements for the Tap to Phone program in an agile, iterative model.
- Lead technical discussions with a high level of independence on scalable architecture, application requirements, customer experience, and security.
- Liaise with other business units, product managers, engineering, and other applicable groups to ensure program’s technical and commercial readiness.
- Drive thought leadership and customer empathy among the teams in transforming partner experiences.
- Interface directly with cross-functional and regional teams and external partners to gather feedback to improve the Tap to Phone program offering.
This position is open to locations in San Francisco and Austin.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time (one additional day every other week) based on business needs.
• Proven experience in Product Management or relevant functional management (sales, marketing, or technology).
• Conceptual knowledge of building scalable cloud products.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• Ability to effectively break down a business problem into technical workstreams
• General understanding of APIs and services is a plus
• Payment processing technology experience, preferably in cards payment processing
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently with strong time management and ability to execute on multiple concurrent deliverables.
• Open minded approach, and a positive attitude
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.