Senior Consultant Engineering
- Belfast, United Kingdom
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Belfast site has full life cycle responsibility for the delivery of products that are integral to the continued growth and success of CyberSource worldwide. At a site level, security best practice is at the forefront of everything we do. We strive to continually improve the availability and resiliency of our products to six 9s and beyond.
As a Senior Consultant Software Engineer within CyberSource you will take a “subject matter expert” role in the design, build, and enhancement of key products and will be responsible for driving technical strategy within the organisation.
In addition, you will be a technical leader within the CyberSource team to ensure the continued development of innovative and ingenious solutions for our client base. You will think globally and ensure we continue to architect high performance, scalable systems that are built the “right way”.
The successful candidate will be working in the Click2Pay (Secure Remote Commerce) team in Belfast
As a Senior Consultant Software Engineer with CyberSource you will:
- Be at the forefront of translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Be responsible for the solution designs and ensure these fit within the wider architecture eco-system
- Have significant influence on our strategy by helping define and build the next wave of product features and system architecture.
- Champion Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process.
- Utilise your sharp design and coding skills to create applications at a massive scale which are used by millions of people across the globe.
- Lead and influence key technical decisions and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Utilising your extensive experience, you should be able to mentor and lead key technical staff in solution architecture, best practice development and building scalable and robust solutions
- Be motivated by building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity.
- Be the ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement across the site.
- Be an evangelist for Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven-track record within a technical lead role to produce innovative and simple solutions to complex problems.
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results.
- Have expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Have experience in mentoring and leading a technical team with architectural and development best practices
- Have experience in building scalable, reliable and high-performance systems.
- Have expertise of Java, JEE technologies, REST and container-based technologies.
- Be comfortable challenging the norm, always on the lookout for new technologies and working with fellow technologists to implement these into the work stream.
- Be equally content prototyping and tinkering with new applications as well operating within the rigour of making solutions production-ready.
- Be a passionate advocate for nurturing talent within CyberSource through technical coaching and mentoring etc.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile and collaborative team environment.
- Have a BS in Software Engineering/Computer Science/IS, or other related field with demonstrable software engineering experience.