Staff Engineering II - Data & AI/ML Platform
- Palo Alto, CA
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Data and AI Platform (DAP) division is part of the Visa’s technology organization. DAP is responsible for creating Visa’s data assets and provides value added products and services to drive innovation for our partners and clients, within Visa and globally. Data and AI Platform (DAP) is dedicated to providing systems and services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use, therefore enabling Visa with the ability to leverage its data asset in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry.
As a Staff Engineer II, you will design, enhance, and build solution dealing with batch and real-time data in a fast-paced environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. We believe in self managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality.
- Define and deliver high quality code for features and bug fixes with minimal assistance
- Enhance and support production systems
- Follows established software development guidelines and Visa security standards
- Build and maintain relationships with the agile team, the user community, architects, and support teams to understand requirements and implement effective solutions
We work in a fast-paced environment where customer obsession is everything. We are seeking an engineer who thinks big and knows how to simplify. You will leverage sound architectural principles to implement effective and efficient solutions for our users and demonstrate your passion for performance, testability, maintainability, and quality of code. We are a team of life long learners and hope you are, too! We love to learn new technologies and apply them.
If this sounds exciting, apply today! We look forward to learning more about you.
Please note this is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2 days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's degree - OR - at least 5 years' work experience with a master's degree in Computer Science (or a related subject area) - OR - 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Production experience building and pushing code into production
- Familiarity working with real-time technologies such as Kafka, KStreams or Flink
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Hive, YARN and Spark
- Demonstrated ability in Java and Python programming skills.
- 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree - OR - 7 years' work experience with a master's degree in Computer Science (or a related subject area) - OR - 3 years' work experience with a PhD
- Experience with implementing and supporting real-time systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment with good software development practices such as CI/CD, code reviews and test automation
- Experience with using Jupyter notebook & Zeppelin Notebook.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases like MySQL, DB2, Redis and Cassandra
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.