Business Analyst (Hybrid Position)
- Austin, TX
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Operations & Infrastructure Spend Management team provides essential value by driving O&I funded technology purchases while providing analytical insight to technology product owners, optimizing costs in correlation to product value, and ensuring to remain within the given fiscal budget.
The Business Analyst will provide quality analysis through anticipating purchases in advance, performing vendor cost comparison, evaluating currently technology state in comparison with demand. In addition, this position is also responsible for assisting with ATS/TAR creation, pushing for quick approvals, continuously updating large deals within a 30-60-90 pipeline, entering accurate forecasts, creating tickets for PR/PO creation, and providing quick turnaround from purchase initiation to PO.
- This role will liaise with the M&A integration team and several Acquired Entity team members to facilitate the various M&A integration activities for Visa Operations & Infrastructure. Prior experience in M&A integration is preferred
- Assist in defining and maturing the M&A integration processes for Technology Spend Management including budgeting/forecasting, procurement
- Work cross functionally across multiple internal functions and external parties
- Assist senior business analysts with research such as market size and trends, competitive analysis to understand and translate relevant quantitative and qualitative data sets
- Perform variance vs. forecast analysis to understand how accurate our inputs, assumptions and demand plans are to identify areas of opportunity, and create continuous improvement plans to deliver more accurate forecasts each iteration
- Assist with driving large-scale projects with ambiguous scope into refined deliverables for executive consumption leveraging project management skills, including ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, follow through on completion of high-profile projects
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Analytical skills and experience using analytics tools such as Excel and MS Project or PowerPoint or Visio or other Microsoft Suite or products
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Technical industry experience and quantitative skills & experience taking raw data and drawing actionable insights from it
- Dealing with different software licensing methods in the FinTech industry
- SQL querying to help collect data from disparate sources
- Creating cost transparency and cost clarity programs for leadership
- Experience working on large globally and virtually distributed teams
- M&A integration experience preferred
This position is open to locations in Austin, TX and Ashburn, VA.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.