Full Stack Web Developer - (Relocation Available and Hybrid Position)
- Austin, TX
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Exciting Full Stack Web Developer for our team!
Our team works together to build a wide variety of web experiences that power, extend, and showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform, such as requesting and managing VMs, physical servers, Containers, workflow automation tools, graphs and visualizations for relationships/utilization and a whole lot more. As a part of this team, you'll create efficient and reusable systems with extensive test coverage and modern technologies. You'll also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces and ship new code frequently. Ultimately, you'll have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product and technological decisions.
- Work independently, driving projects end to end and provide guidance to junior developers
- Develop scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications using Java/Spring
- Build tools to report on status of operations and performance
- Build automated tests and enable continuous delivery of the platform components
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development, and code reviews
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices, and development methodologies.
- Create documentation and procedures for development, deployment, and maintenance
- Foster business partnerships, develop trust with partners and stakeholders, understand business needs particularly within the context of Visa's core business, and seek to enable their business success
- Actively contribute to capacity planning and disaster recovery exercises. Support in triaging and troubleshooting of application issues r in a production environment
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Full stack developer with experience of building REST based web services & web applications using Java/C# and/or Spring framework/Web API
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Build Microservices that connect to MySQL, MongoDB, and Kafka
- Good understanding and technical expertise in Microservices, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g.: VMware, AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) and building automation around their APIs
- Working knowledge of infrastructure, ensuring high-availability, scaling, service discovery, logging, monitoring, and alerting
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming concepts
- Hands on experience with Windows and Linux
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.