Managed Risk Analyst
- Lagos, Nigeria
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
- To help CyberSource customers manage the risk of taking payments (predominantly credit and debit card) online. This will include analyzing order data to identify emerging fraud trends, developing strategies to mitigate these trends, and working closely with CyberSource customers to implement these strategies using a combination of CyberSource and industry tools.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Work with (typically) 7-12 different ecommerce merchants to help them manage CyberSource risk
management products to prevent online card fraud
- Develop in-depth knowledge of CyberSource risk management products through research and testing in order to act as subject matter expert to clients.
- Take a proactive approach to staying up-to-date with product developments by monitoring code release notes and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Analyze transaction data with a view to optimizing risk management strategies for clients.
- Produce regular, detailed reports that clearly explain to clients the performance of current risk
management strategies, and if appropriate, how these can be improved.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of industry best practice and emerging trends and technologies within
payment risk management.
- Deliver occasional training sessions to clients on the use of CyberSource risk products. This may be done over the phone or involve giving presentations, product demonstrations, or whiteboard
- Occasional to frequent travel required for onsite training, assistance with implementations or periodic business review presentations.
- Valid passport required
Strategic Nature, Mgmt. Accountability, & Scope
- Responsible for activities of functional area without direct reports.
- Role is key to executing CyberSource’s business strategy in region (CEMEA), ensuring that ecommerce merchants can transact confidently using CyberSource services.
Decision Making & Complexity
- Independent decision making required on daily basis.
- Required to interpret and analyze complex transaction data and identify patterns and trends, and make independent decisions on fraud screening configuration for merchants based on this work.
- Must be keenly aware of the responsibility involved in such a position, given that their recommendations for fraud screening configuration changes will impact which transactions are accepted or rejected by the ecommerce merchant.
Financial & Organizational Scope
- Individual contributor working within a global team of Managed Service Analysts, all working as individual contributors supporting ecommerce merchants in their respective regions.
- No responsibility for a budget or cost center.
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- This role reports to the CEMEA Managed Risk Services Regional Director
- This individual will be expected to interact effectively with direct line management and others at a similar level.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to write clear and concise reports, and the skills to communicate complex concepts and results to customers via phone and email.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to prepare PowerPoint slide decks.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (for example, use of pivot tables, VLOOKUP queries, linking Excel to databases etc.).
Establish, maintain and develop good relationships with Regional and global colleagues to share information, best practices and deliver to business goals.
Multi-cultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management.
As with all positions within the Company, the jobholder is responsible for the security of the Visa International environment and the physical security of all Visa property, documentation and member information.
Health and Safety
Give full support to the Company’s health and safety policy and ensure that the policy is effectively implemented and all relevant health and safety legislation is complied with within their area of responsibility and within budgeted resources.
Give full support to the Company’s business continuity policy and ensure that the policy is effectively implemented.
Ensure familiarity with business continuity plans and support all
• Bachelor degree in Finance, Business, Science, Engineering or Computing
• Minimum of three years of experience working within a fraud team at an ecommerce merchant
• Experience of interpreting results from fraud tools used to combat online card fraud (e.g.
3DSecure, device fingerprinting, IP geolocation, velocity, neural scoring etc.)
• Experience of analyzing large sets of transaction data to identify patterns and trends
• Creating clear, concise written reports in summarizing fraud analysis results.
Preferred Experience (education, skills - professional/technical/business)
• Language skills appropriate to merchants within respective region.