Senior Director Data Partnerships
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
As part of the Visa Global Data Team, this person will have responsibility for leading partnership development and management efforts across Visa’s global data team. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for identifying strategic data technology partners to open and drive commercial success for Visa. They will work in close collaboration with the Global Data team’s product and solutions teams as well as the Regions, and sales teams to understand the internal business and external market needs provide guidance and prioritization of partnerships to achieve our objectives. This person should be excited by and have the ability to monitor and keep pace with key industry verticals, data technology trends, and match business needs with partners. Must have strong analytical skills, be able to work successfully in ambiguity, exceptional ability to structure their thinking into consumable and high-impact executive level recommendations, and proven ability to negotiate, execute and manage partnership relationships.
This person will report to the Vice President, Visa’s Global Data Office. He/she will have important exposure to key leaders across the Visa organization.
Core Job Responsibilities
Build a robust, strategic partnership rationale and narrative to support Visa’s data value creation objectives with financial institutions, retailers, governments and fintechs and their intermediaries and agents
Lead industry networking and market research efforts to identify and foster a strong network of category leaders; create visibility for Visa within partnership network
Lead partnership strategy and execution for Visa’s data partnerships across the enterprise
Build the prerequisite internal collaborative working relationship required for success
Identify, source, foster, open, and manage partnerships for Visa that align with our strategic data value creation priorities
Create and own a healthy sales pipeline across direct and indirect clients through partners
Build relationships and coordinate business development efforts with key adjacent markets including digital advertising ecosystem, operations supply chain, risk, product analytics, and research insights
Lead business and contracting negotiations with partner working closely with leadership, privacy, legal, sourcing, product and marketing teams
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
• 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
• Possess significant functional knowledge of the data commercialization ecosystem and players involved, including in-depth knowledge around data, technology, adjacent markets like advertising and marketing data solutions and key vertical segments including Travel, Government, and SMB.
• Experience negotiating and structing complex commercial agreements
• Comfortable presenting and data solutions and products with partners
• Has in-depth knowledge and hands on experience on legal, privacy, risk and regulatory requirements around building data products and working with data technology partners
• 10+ years of relevant experience, including 5+ years’ experience in business development in the data and/or advertising technology space
• Advanced communication skills with the ability to influence across all levels of an organization
• Advanced relationship-building skills and the ability to gain the confidence of colleagues
• Strong business acumen – ability to influence strategy while driving tactical program delivery
• Strong technical acumen to hold discussions with tech savvy partners
• Is very well-versed data flows, match processes and analytical modelling
• Experience in big data analysis and modeling techniques is a plus
• Availability to periodically travel (~40%)
• B.A./B.S. from top-tier university
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.