Director, Visa Direct Strategy & Operations
- San Francisco, CA
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Director will be a member of the Visa Direct Strategy & Operations team. The team plays a key role in shaping Visa Direct’s multi-year strategy, leading strategic initiatives, driving the annual planning process, providing business insights and analytics, and delivering ongoing performance reporting. The team is also responsible for identifying and driving improvements to functional processes, including data capture and reporting.
As the growth of New Flows is a key tenet of Visa Inc.’s corporate growth strategy, we are evolving our operating model to ensure that we are well positioned to drive growth. As such, we have a large-scale program of initiatives underway (referred to as the “ReWire Program”) across many cross-functional teams and business units. To spearhead this high priority, high visibility program, we are looking for an experience Project Manager to lead the PMO.
The position can be based in any of Visa’s offices in North America.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Provide overall program management and planning across multiple workstreams/sub-initiatives, from scoping through implementation
Deploy and leverage appropriate program management methodologies, practices and disciplines to accelerate progress (e.g., Agile)
Manage governance framework
Define, manage execution plan and budget
Ensure each workstream follows disciplines around setting and tracking KPIs, delivering against key milestones, resolving issues, and driving progress
Create and manage an integrated program calendar of key deliverables
Create and support ongoing updates of program artifacts, including but not limited to materials for working sessions, Steering Committee updates, and updates for other Visa Inc. executives
Drive proactive communications by reporting on status, progress, milestones, deliverables, outcomes, and lessons learned to all applicable parties
Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to manage scope, initiative progress, and timely updates
Work through challenges, identify bottlenecks and dependencies, and unblock the project teams for execution
Identify change management needs, strategy and plan for support
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• You have 5-7 years of experience in a fast-paced environment navigating ambiguity successfully, most likely in product, product development, or large complex projects in a matrixed organization or management consulting
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• You are self-motivated and highly driven. You have get-things-done DNA.
• You an agile advocate who knows how to bring new ways of working to an organization in transformation.
• You are always learning and comfortable with constant change.
• You bring an entrepreneurial mindset to your program management approach ... you see needs and fill them.
• You are an excellent problem-solver and critical-thinker with the ability to identify and remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
• You are detail oriented and proven ability to manage cross-functional initiatives with overlapping timelines and deliverables
• You are a great listener and can communicate clearly with many types of people.
• You put a premium on strong working relationships and know how to use diplomacy to get things done.
• You have great judgement and show grace under pressure.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position in Colorado is $109,800 to $142,800 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.