- San Francisco, CA
- ADMIN USE ONLY: Cybersource Hiring Campaign
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
To ensure that Visa’s payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the success of our key bank or merchant partners and internal business units. The Tap to Phone business supports these partners by using our extraordinarily rich data sets. The roles focus lies on building accurate and interactive Product Health Dashboards that have an immediate impact on the business of accelerating acceptance with Tap to Phone. We work in complementary teams comprising members from Data Science and various groups at Visa. To support our rapidly growing Tap to Phone business we are looking for Data Scientists who are equally passionate about the opportunity to use Visa’s rich data to tackle meaningful business problems and monitor growth and success. You will the Connected Commerce organization with an opportunity within the data science field to gain broad exposure to Visa’s acceptance solutions innovation.
- Essential Functions
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker who is passionate about brainstorming innovative ways to use our unique data to answer business problems and measure success against targets
- Extract and understand data from internals core systems and external manual inputs to derive relevant insights and executive product health dashboards
- Develop visualizations to make your complex analyses accessible to a broad audience
- Partner with a variety of Visa teams to provide comprehensive data analytics solutions
- Find opportunities to craft products out of analyses that are suitable for multiple clients
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging Visa data to drive business growth
- Synthesize ideas/proposals in writing and engage in productive discussions with external or internal stakeholders
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product, marketing techniques and business strategies for Visa and its clients
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, data insights, advertising targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Broad knowledge across the entire data science lifecycle, including data engineering, statistics and governance
- Provide guidance in modern analytic techniques and business applications to unlock the value of Visa’s unique data set, in keeping with market trends, client needs and emerging techniques
- Organize and manage multiple data science projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 4+ years’ experience in data-based decision-making or quantitative analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, economics, computer science or many others (graduate degree is a plus)
- Experience with extracting and aggregating data from large data sets using SQL or other tools
- Power user in Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau
- Experience in understanding and analyzing data using statistical software (e.g., Python, SAS, R, Stata or others)
- Experience in managing analytics/data science projects from scoping to delivery
- Previous exposure to financial services, credit cards or merchant analytics is a plus, but not required
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.