Senior Product Designer
- San Francisco, CA
- ADMIN USE ONLY: Design at Visa
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa is heavily investing in its Global Product Design Team to help support its growing digital product line. Visa Global Product Design is comprised of five specializations- Design, Research & Accessibility, Design Engineering, Design Operations and Content Creation & Design Strategy. Design is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team.
We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users, and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with Visa's applications and products. Our team members are innovative thinkers and strategic problem solvers who are as analytical as they are creative. We value hard work, accountability, and collaboration, and we prize proven skills and team success over personal gain.
Our team is looking for highly collaborative, passionate, and positive designers to help solve design challenges in the digital credentials and tokenization space – for banks, card issuers, and consumers. This includes building a unified platform for our consumer bank experiences, as well as exploring how we can improve the financial wellbeing of our customers.
In this role, you will model excellent UX principles and mentor junior staff. The Senior UX Designer is an experienced individual contributor who will be responsible for designing usable, accessible, and engaging user experiences for Visa's digital product line. Although we prefer candidates be located at our corporate headquarters in Foster City, CA, we are open to the possibility of a remote work arrangement.
Role responsibilities include
- Design usable, accessible, and engaging digital experiences for the web and mobile
- Own and make design decisions based on a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design principles
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Collaborate with business partners and build upon their vision using sound UX principles
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior staff
- Responsible for the strategic oversight of product lines
- Be an advocate for our users
- Capture requirements, design flows, wireframes, testable prototypes and fully fleshed out designs
- Document your designs and consult with engineers to ensure they are built and function as intended
- Effectively demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency designing and developing prototypes using Figma, Sketch, Invision or other industry tools
- Proficiency designing high-fidelity mockups using Figma, Sketch or other industry tools
- Subject Matter Expertise in interaction design
- Background in visual design and/or strong layout skills are a plus.
- Experience conducting usability tests (including with users with disabilities) a plus
- Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile environment a plus
- Subject Matter Expertise in Accessibility (508/WCAG) a plus
- Group facilitation and teaching (design thinking) skills a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including thorough and methodical attention to detail
- Fully fluent in English and able to understand and be easily understood in English
- Ability to communicate concepts and recommendations confidently to a variety of audiences
- Ability to self-manage time and work independently or as part of a team
- An online portfolio that demonstrates outstanding product and ecosystem thinking
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
• 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Sociology or related field
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.