Senior Manager - Data Scientist and Data Engineer
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Business Intelligence Solutions group within the Global Data and Business Intelligence (GDBI) organization works with internal stakeholders to enable faster decision-making, data democratization and self-service through building innovative, scalable best-in-class dashboard and reporting solutions. Our goal is to empower and enable business partners to glean valuable insights from Visas unique global data assets.
We are looking for a seasoned individual contributor who is comfortable engaging with business owners, data enthusiasts, and technology teams. Successful candidates have strong experience in developing complex data solutions and conducting innovative data analyses. This role will be hands-on focused on building data pipelines and solutions at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence.
As a Sr. Manager, you will establish data processes, data solutions, and automations, based on business and technical requirements by leveraging Visa supported big data technologies and third-party tools.
Manage small to large data science or data engineering projects either individually or as part of a project team.
Extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Hadoop (Hive), Spark, Python (pandas, NumPy), Presto, SAS, SQL etc.
Utilize Visas data analytics capabilities, technology, and industry expertise to develop, standardized and implement BI data sets.
Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build streamlined data flows for business owners.
Develop solutions within an agile development process leveraging Visas single source of truth (SSoT) framework.
Participate in business requirements gathering, effort sizing, and architecture planning
Provide operational monthly production support.
Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner.
Provide coaching and project mentorship to lower-level professionals.
This position is open to locations in Foster City CA, Denver, CO, Arlington, VA, Austin, TX, and other Visa offices in the U.S.
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position in Colorado is $117,700 to $153,000 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of technical experience leading business intelligence or data analytics projects.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• 7 years of work experience with a bachelors degree in a technical or related field.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL with experience with HQL, Presto, Snowflake, etc.
• Experience in creating large scale data engineering pipelines using Python, Spark, Hive, and Hadoop.
• Experience with Unix/Shell or Python scripting and exposure to Scheduling tools like Oozie and Airflow.
• Proven understanding of Hadoop ecosystem and associated technologies, (For e.g. Apache Spark, MLlib, GraphX, iPython, sci-kit,Pandas etc.)
• Experience with complex, high volume, multi-dimensional data, as well as machine learning models based on unstructured, structured, and streaming datasets.
• Experience working in an Agile or fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Should have strong problem-solving capabilities and ability to quickly propose feasible solutions.
• Experience with visualization software (e.g. Tableau/MicroStrategy) is a plus.
• Visa experience or knowledge of payments industry is a plus, but not mandatory.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.