Senior Software Engineer- Java (Hybrid/Onsite)
- Highlands Ranch, CO
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
You will be at the forefront in building the next generation of systems that provide connectivity and access into Visa. The access systems are fundamental to the Visa Business and amongst only a handful of the most mission critical systems at Visa. You will deliver access solutions that fit into the wider efforts to re-engineer Visa’s core processing systems. You need to have an excellent background in software analysis, design and implementation. As part of Payment Product Development group, you will join an outstanding and expanding software engineering team. Nothing less than absolute success is required.
- Develop and document high level and detailed design specifications using Object Oriented methodologies
- Design and develop highly scalable and fault tolerant distributed components
- Code & unit test system components and applications in a range of programming languages
- Quickly gain domain expertise in critical application areas to SME level
- Champion software development best practices such as coding standards, code reviews, secure coding practices, integration and regression tests etc.
- Work independently with minimal guidance becoming a mentor and role model for other team members
- Proactively work to identify issues and provide solutions for the same
- Provide 24x7 production support to ensure smooth operations
Colorado Salary Statement
This position has a minimum base salary of 80,000 USD and a midpoint base salary of 112,000 USD. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position
The position is based in Highlands Ranch, CO.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters,
MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline is
• Proficient in design and implementation using Java programming language
• Proficient in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD)
• Experience with Unix/Linux OS
• Experience with web services development using REST, JSON
• Experience with build automation using tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Git, Artifactory and Docker
• UI development skills using frameworks such as Angular and Node JS is a plus
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills are a pre-requisite
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.