Director, Payment Ops Strategy Lead for Push to Accounts
- Toronto, Canada, us
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (sending and receiving financial institutions, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to accounts around the world using push payment technology. Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payouts to shared economy providers), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), and more. The push payments market is estimated to be more than 80 Trillion of payment volume globally.
As we expand the visa direct business across the globe, we are looking for leaders who are passionate about innovating and delivering truly differentiated operational & client launch experiences across the markets. Successful execution of this role will be achieved through a combination of leadership, payments product and operations expertise, communication and applied strategy in applying Visas rapidly expanding push payments offerings. The Visa Direct Global money movement ops SME will work with stakeholders across all Visa Regions to design, implement, operate and improve the best in class operating model for push to accounts workstream. In addition, this role will contribute to the overall strategic vision, planning and execution of Visa Direct payment operations function. This is a cross functional role so organizational savvy and interpersonal skills are critical.
This role can be based in the USA and Toronto, Canada
- Key responsibility is to develop and execute target operating model for push to account in collaboration with broad cross-functional team. In addition, successful candidate will also be responsible for
- Payment Operation strategy contributions
- Analyze and establish payment operational & performance requirements & standards for various settlement models
- Partner with product development and technology team to design and develop foundational tools and technologies incorporating automation, workflow capabilities and advanced data science.
- Partner with client services, tech ops to build monitoring & visualization capabilities for payment flows to analyze trends, leading , lagging indicators & predictability of issues
- Partner with Client services & Tech ops teams to develop the work force, processes and standards applying leading practices to monitor, triage and resolve issues.
- Responsible for managing projects and developing plans and schedules to drive deliverables on time for various operational processes in payments processing.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Basic Qualifications :
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
Preferred Qualifications :
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6 or more years of work experience with a PhD
- 10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Deep understanding of payment flows like Faster payments, CBFT, ACH, RTGS etc
- Detail oriented multi tasker with excellent problem solving skills and a strong focus on serving clients
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, data collection, buy-in and strong decision making abilities to elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Outstanding executive communication skills to develop presentations, associated summaries, and back up materials for program reporting.
- Expert skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Cloud tracking tools are required
- Strong sense of urgency and experience driving to successful commercialization
- Strong collaboration and influence skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects and engagements to completion
- Take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position in Colorado is 124,200 USD to 161,500 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.