Senior Implementation Services, Consultant
- Atlanta, GA, USA
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we bring the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
Global Configuration and Licensing ensures the integrity of the payment system and supports Visa clients in the development of their electronic payment business. This organization provides client configuration and implementation expertise involving a unique set of skills with highly specialized knowledge of complex systems and applications as it relates to Client programs, transaction processing/routing and its implications to clients and cardholders. Clients include financial institutions, third party processors, non-traditional clients, state-owned entities, merchants, and direct connect merchants.
The Senior Consultant, IC (Individual Contributor), in Global Configuration and Licensing, is a leader in a professional services and client facing team who will provide client implementation expertise involving a unique set of skills with highly specialized knowledge of the complex systems and applications as it relates to Client programs, transaction processing/routing and its implications to clients and cardholders. This individual is responsible for gathering requirements, technical documentation, and support to create user-friendly workflow tools and scripting to ensure process optimization during the implementation of complex programs, projects, and other sensitive activities for Visa clients. This includes: Providing technical and consultative support to Client Services Operations staff to understand or clarify set up requirements, limitations and to create/update new or existing configurations without customer impact; Responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving complex workflow tools and scripts to eliminate configuration issues; Responds to situations where standard procedures have not succeeded, and further improvement is needed. Clients include financial institutions; third party processors, non-traditional clients, and state-owned entities.
Strong candidates have a growth mindset, adapt quickly to change, and must be willing to play an active role in the development of the team, including supporting the creation and development of client facing materials and new processes.
This individual is also:
- The first point of contact to provide guidance and support to new processes, conversion requests, or automation inquiries globally.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert and contributor to create an overall more efficient implementation process for the set-up of client configurations, system tools, and features/functionalities from a business, client, and technical perspective within Visa.
- Provides functional and technical consultative support for the process optimization of program and system set ups for clients.
- Present to internal stakeholders on the Onboarding process, timings, and expectations.
- Typically, responsible for regions, countries, and/or customized projects assigned by leadership (short-term changes may also occur in line with business needs). This may require the creation of and/or customization of materials for client(s) and/or regional teams, provide status updates and advocate to ensure various internal functions understand the complexity of the requests and product.
- Evaluates current global and regional specific processes to determine process improvements, and how best to gain more effectiveness and efficiency.
- Takes a leadership role in development and training for the department.
- Be accountable for prioritizing conflicting and competing demand across the business to ensure Visa resources are deployed to maximum effect, considering OLAs and other expectations in place.
- Establishes and fosters relationships with Client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff.
- Provides guidance during the various phases of the development and implementation process to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures, and staff are in place to support a successful implementation and rollout.
- Engage with colleagues across Visa, ensuring teams such as Implementation, Risk, Market, and Legal are appropriately involved and informed about relevant issues and effectively update implementation tools and processes based upon product needs.
- Proactively drives team collaboration.
- Mentor global and regional resources to learn new products and set up configurations.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
- Provide technical and consultative process optimization support to, Client Services, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk, Legal and Operations staff to understand set up requirements and required configuration for new installations, conversions, and maintenance requests without customer impact.
- Manage complex projects (client, corporate or internal initiatives) which involve extensive technical, consultative and configuration support.
- Responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving complex configuration issues.
- Partner with other internal developers to design and test new tools and enhancements and to establish cross-program workflows.
- Test and identify potential problems and resolve application bottlenecks before deploying to the teams.
- Responds to situations where standard procedures have not succeeded, and further improvement as needed.
- Establish and fosters relationships with client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff.
Position MUST be based in one of the following US office locations:
- Austin, TX
- Atlanta, GA
- Ashburn, VA
- Miami, FL
- 8 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10-12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 5 years of work experience with a Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience using Visual Basic in Microsoft Applications, including Excel, Access, Word and Powerpoint.
- Use advanced Excel capabilities, including pivot tables, lookups, complex formulas and graphing to streamline business processes.
- Ability to programmatically manipulate worksheet and cell properties using VBA.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 interoperability and backend services.
- Ability to quickly lean new development environments and APIs.
- Proven experience developing internal tools and applications for Microsoft Office and Windows
- Proficient in code versioning tools such as VSTS.
- Passionate about writing clean, well-organized and production-ready code.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Develop Test plans and software documentation to support new releases and code modifications.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices and established standards are in use.
- Experience with Microsoft Access and SQL databases.
- Familiarity with HTML is preferred.
- Experience with data analytics and reporting.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate across peers, functions, geographies, and influence key stakeholders up to executive level internally and externally.
- Comfortable working in global environment impacted by different legal, cultural, and business priorities.
- Experience in working cross-culturally and in remote situations.
- Effective planning and organizational, conceptual, and logical problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to set and deliver upon priorities within busy, shifting environment.
- Ability to manage high volume of work with constant detail orientation; able to meet deadlines with quality work.
- Strong PowerPoint skills, able to create and adapt client facing materials.
- Growth mindset, results oriented and able to drive delivery of solutions.
- Be commercially focused and pragmatic.
- Focus on continuous improvement and ability to identify opportunities.
- Quick learner, comfortable working with ambiguity.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.