Account Executive Business Solutions, Commercial Sales
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa’s Large Middle Market (LMM) sales team is an integral part of the Visa Business Solutions Organization responsible for managing and growing B2B payment volume through sales, optimization and retention strategies with Financial Institutions that issue commercial payment solutions. The LMM team supports over 100 Visa commercial card issuers and supports Visa Financial Institutions (FI) that wish to launch a commercial card program. The LMM team is also responsible for the sale of net new Visa commercial card solutions to banks and corporations.
The B2B payment landscape is a global opportunity of $120T and our Financial Institution clients are key to the delivery of B2B payment solutions to address this opportunity.
The VBS LMM team is a specialized sales group within Visa supporting our internal partners responsible for strategic relationships such as Financial Institutions, Partnerships, Processors and Merchants to name a few.
Visa Inc. is searching for a results driven sales and business development Account Executive (AE) of Business Solutions Sales supporting our Financial Institutions that sell B2B commercial card solutions. As a key member of the Business Solutions Sales team, the selected candidate will bring leadership, vision and creativity to both guiding and advancing Visa's business development efforts with our Financial Institutions driving payment volume growth across the large market, small and middle market space.
The AE will drive high profile, cross-functional strategic and business development initiatives and plans in key identified areas. S/he will work in tandem with the Product and Partnership team and design, develop and execute go to market sales plans for mutually agreed upon partners/accounts with the goal of delivering payment volume and growth to our partners. Responsibilities will include selling commercial card products, platforms, industry partnerships and solutions to your client base in order to drive commercial payment volume.
The role requires an experienced sales and business development professional who can identify potential opportunities, develop creative tactics and frameworks, and manage the cross-functional teams needed to bring them to fruition. The team works closely with Visa’s Financial Institution account teams as well as other stakeholders such as Product, Partnerships, Acceptance, Processing, Finance, Marketing, and Visa Consulting & Analytics etc.
- Support the Visa organization with commercial payment industry expertise, insights and best practices
- Identify strategic opportunities to grow Visa commercial share through a strong understanding of the customer, the segment and mutual business needs, leveraging Visa solutions across all product platforms
- Continuously review market landscape, competitive intelligence and industry trends to inform on decisions that will position Visa as the market leader
- Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to grow commercial payment volume, increase revenue and market share. Deliver against scorecard goals.
- Lead the commercial account and relationship management sales plan, ensuring that the client’s business objectives are met
- Working cross-functionally: recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to grow client’s business. Work closely with the VBS stakeholders including product, partnerships and platforms and coordinate a unified strategy for the delivery of our products, platforms and solutions
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews and lead strategic meetings to align with the client’s strategic objectives
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure solution implementations are on track and delivering against plan
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs/products with partners
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Report to and interact with senior management and executives to inform on the status of the business, the relationship and strategic opportunities to deepen client relationships
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Proactively educate the Visa organization on market developments and partner opportunities
• 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 12+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• Experienced, results-oriented leader with typically 15 years progressively responsible experience and a proven track record in developing relationships and sales partnerships, managing clients/accounts and executing go to market plans in a highly matrixed environment.
• Previous experience working in financial services, technology, travel, payables, payments or financial institutions preferred. Background in working with high-performance fast-paced teams.
• Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust, and respect with business partners and suppliers
• Able to navigate internal reporting systems including financial systems to pull data analytics, CRM such as Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics, and other internal reporting systems as needed. Skilled in Power Point and Excel. Ability to understand and disseminate data and present to clients.
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
• Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
• Experience managing up, building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
• Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
• Executive presence. Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
This remote position is open to any U.S. location for the ideal candidate, preferably in California.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.