Senior Software Engineer- Full stack
- Bellevue, WA, USA
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for talented, curious, proactive, energetic, and passionate individuals who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. As a Visa Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of a cross-functional development team inventing, designing, building, and testing software assets. You will collaborate with product owners, architects, test engineers, dev-ops, operations, and other team members from the product ideation stage to production deployment and support of highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust software solutions.
- Primary responsibility is to write optimized, secure, functional and scalable code, and performance tune your results
- Produce unit level test cases in accordance with domain standards using provided tools
- Provide proper estimates for work, and able to handle end to end release process
- Along with your team, partner closely with other teams to produce an application that flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our merchants
- Participate in Hackathons and take advantage of opportunities to learn new technologies, which is key to this industry
- Sharing knowledge with others is a must; this will be achieved through presentations to the development community as well as helping others out with the knowledge gained over time
- A successful individual on the team is always looking for opportunities to improve themselves and contribute to the improvement of the development processes for the organization
Come up with creative solutions to solve problems
3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- B.S. in CS or related degree with 3 years of experience or Master with 2+ years
- ·Knowledge/experience with at least one of the object oriented languages (Java, C#, C++, etc.)
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Concepts, Service Oriented Architectures, Distributed Systems Design Concepts and Computer Science fundamentals
- Driven and self-motivated; work creatively to solve challenging problems
- Willingness to work with different technologies
- Knowledge/experience in one of the server-side web application framework and languages (i.e. Java/Spring, JS/Node, C#/.Net MVC or .NET Web API)
- Familiarity with browser(s) architecture, rendering process, sandbox architecture
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes
- Familiarity with Github
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of CyberSource™s continued growth and expansion we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
CyberSource has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for e-commerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
CyberSource is a subsidiary of Visa Inc. CyberSource operates in Europe under agreement with Visa Europe.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.